Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Recording Software

Hey all.

Does anyone here know of any good recording software I can use to record LP'S ( Lets Plays)
    I've tired:
    Fraps - Only can record either voice or in-game sounds not both which is what I want
    Camstudio - Same with Fraps but has crappy quality + lags
    Camstasia Studio 7 - I've tried this, it's got good quality and I can hear myself but I have no idea how to record my voice and in-game sounds

So yeah if anyone knows any free good recording software OR is able to help me about with one of the above recording softwares, I'd be grateful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    Only can record either voice or in-game sounds not both which is what I want
    So you're looking for a piece of software that will record video and 2 simultaneous audio streams? I can't say that I know of one, though I'm not too familiar with anything outside of fraps and xfire.

If you have a quadcore, try PlayClaw. I'd say its better than fraps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. What's Wegame like?

You can select in fraps which audio device you want to record, I think you have the option of getting only game sound or game+vent (or if you mute game with ctrl+s only vent). But I don't think any program will record separate audio tracks from many different sources on it's own. You can probably fake it by recording only game in fraps and only vent in some other program like Audacity and then manually sync those later.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone actually made a recording program that could record in-game sounds + voice, then they would be very very successful.

If someone actually made a recording program that could record in-game sounds + voice, then they would be very very successful.
    What do you mean? It obviously exists, go watch OMFGCATA or Yogscast.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

I really doubt it. Switching audiotracks are beyond the average user skill, and in most cases just a gimmick. And if you're still talking about recording both in-game sound and vent/ts discussion, it is trivial with all video capture programs if you turn on the right settings.

If you want to do something like commentary track on a pvp/pve movie, do it like pro's then. Record the video with game audio only, and do the commentary track after. Nobody with a good commentary in youtube videos record it 'live' but instead they do it later after watching the movie few times and writing down some ideas of what they want to say and where.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    What do you mean? It obviously exists, go watch OMFGCATA or Yogscast.
    Or those video creators put both audio streams in a single device, which makes it simple to capture.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just record the in-game sounds and then do the commentary but it isn't as exciting IMO.

I want to be able to play the game I'm recording, hear the in-game sounds and have it come on the recording + be able to talk and hear my voice because it's a lot more exciting and I'm like able to react to what I'm playing instead of "Oh and here I built a farm" or something.

Actually it's possible to capture both ingame sonds and voice with fraps, you just have to capture your waveout channel :S
    Or is it me that don't understand the topic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've heard you can do that Nature, but the audio sounds terrible + you'd be able to hear your own voice through your headset.

I was thinking of recording my game with fraps and at the same time recording my voice with Audacity. That way hopefully they sync up, then I can just put both of them in a editing program and then sync them up more. Would this work?

Deleted
    DXtory is by far the best out there, but its payware

15+ Year Old Account
    Fraps can record video and audio if you select the proper device to capture audio. This depends what OS you're using and how your sound is set up.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but as I said Demon, if you set it up like that through Fraps it will end up you being able to hear yourself through your own headset. Today I got Windows 7 so I'll try it out and see how it goes but I'll probably still stick to trying to record gameplay (with gameplay sounds) through Fraps and at the same time record my voice with Audacity and sync them together. Hopefully it's possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it is set up properly you will have to be able to hear yourself because all the sound is being routed to the same device. There is no way to record both through fraps and not be able to hear yourself

Your idea of audacity would work best, just make sure it is set to only capture mic audio and not also system sound
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fraps can record audio from a 2nd source whilst recording.

I record with that enabled, and normally would have a backing track playing with a later recorded voice-over. If you're looking to record two seperate audio streams, using something like Audacity and setting it's audio source to record in addition to using the alternative recording source for gameplay could do the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I correctly understand what you're saying then its nothin we haven't said. A backtrack (music, I'm guessing) is still being played through the same sound device as game sound which maids it part of the same audio track. Voice, as you said, gets recorded later because fraps can't record two different audio devices at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I tried recording my game with Fraps and voice with Audacity and try and turn them both on at the same time and it worked, just need to do abit more tweaking xD