Resolution settings

Just hooked my computer up to a new TV and set my nvidia card to run at 1920x1080. Booted up wow, hit fullscreen, everything worked fine (besides the expected "everything is shifted" bit). Hit windowed since I dislike fullscreen and suddenly I can't run 1920x1080. The dropdown menu only goes up to 1600x1200, which obviously leaves a good chunk of screen space unused. Clicking the maximize button to let windows handle it stretches the screen (squares become horizontally-wide rectangles) and changing Config.wtf to include "SET gxResolution"1920x1080" has no effect (the line is immediately reverted back to "1600x1200"). Does anyone know if this is doable, and if so, what I've missed? Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Why do you need it to run windowed?

If you run window mode the resolution settings do behave like that. For example if you set the resolution to 800x600 in window mode then hit maximize it doesn't stretch but rather scales up textures and such, so it's not a big deal if the resolution at start isn't what your screen can handle.
    Do note that if you got a 1920x1080 screen and play window mode the top and bottom borders/title bar will take up pixels and you won't end up with a proper 16:9 window but something really close to it, not a big deal imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Why do you need it to run windowed?
    I run MSN and Firefox as I play, and like to be able to check them constantly. With Windows, playing fullscreen not only hides the taskbar, but also sets me to busy on MSN and doesn't alert me when I receive messages. If you know of a workaround that doesn't involve not using MSN, I'd love to play in fullscreen; while the lost pixels Vlad mentioned aren't a huge deal, I'm still happier with them than without them.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Run Windowed / Maximized / Turn off Resizing. It LOOKS like fullscreen, but doesn't trigger fullscreen application stuff on other programs.