fire mage questions

umm I can't post a link to my armory but some of my stats are

spell power 5202 without AI 5514 with AI
    Haste 5.87
    hit 17.02
    crit 17.68 without molten armor 22.68 with MA
    mastery 11.65
    I lvl is 339
    dps is decent i'ma assume i do about 8-15k from what i've seen i doscorch spam with a fireball every now and then while keeping living bomb up any advice would be helpfull i'd link a armory but can't yet..

Deleted
    Well as your gear is low at this point you wont make 15k i'm afraid.
    As your gear and manapool improves you should be doing more and more fireballs between the scorches. Dont forget about your fire orb.

But what is your question? Rotation/gear/stats/etc???

i'd recommend you don't scorch spam unless you have to move or your below 15k mana, fireball does more dps, don't be shy on using flame orb since its cd is pretty quick. And I'd recommend getting an addon for when to use combustion

the elitistjerk thread for the fire spec was just recently updated again, and is incredibly comprehensive and (surprisingly) pretty easy to read without getting too math-y. Go check it out, it's incredibly helpful.

It seems you have itemised well. Keep Haste so that you get the soft cap when raidbuffed and manage your mana optimally, this is what a fire mage is all about atm. As the person above said, the EJ fire post is quite nicely written so go go ^^

ah havn't read the new EJ post yet iread it before cata but not since.. so i'll go there xD thanks...

Yeah.. I don't really see you doing 15k dps at this point. Being that you're hitcapped, you're dps will suffer a bit in Heroics.

Just make sure you're keeping youre Critical Mass, Living Bomb, and using Flame Orb as much as possible, that'll help maximize you're dps

And totally unrelated, but stop ripping off my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainlust View Post
    i'd recommend you don't scorch spam unless you have to move or your below 15k mana, fireball does more dps, don't be shy on using flame orb since its cd is pretty quick. And I'd recommend getting an addon for when to use combustion
    Unless you are suggesting that he not spam scorch over fireball as a main dps mechaninc then you are correct but im having great luck with a 3 to 4 fireball spam after casting LB and then into as many scorch as i can get in before reapplying LB of corse that is deppending on procs and raid haste buffs. the point of it is that it is the single best way to get impact procs and HS procs faster. also the weaving of scorch is a must since your lacking haste VS. an arc mage cast times wich most are used to comming out of WoTLK. Other reasons for using schorch more is that your dps at higher gearing lvls is comming from your mana managment rather than the procs, this is because of your crit per lvl to 85 is decreased lvl by lvl and then finally the diminshing crits that you see with the way that tier 3 HS currently works. because of this scorch works its way back into the rotation even more because its free. EJ states that you should be running out of mana as the boss dies this is IMO correct as your fireball spams should be saved for the opertune moments and because of Molten Fury at the end of the fight.
    Last edited by Epian; 2010-12-30 at 07:37 PM. Reason: more info
    Subete wa nani mo sa re, shōkyo wa subete, hakai suru koto subete, watashi wa, monsutā o, watashi wa Epyon gozen
    ZeerØ Lvl 85 Fire Mage (Eonar)