New clarification on attack speed and our damage as feral.

I'm looking at grabbing the pvp weapon and there are two options. The pike and the staff and the only difference is the attack speed: pike 3.60 and staff 2.0.

Which one is going to be the better choice for ferals? Initially I was going to get the pike (seemed like the better choice with higher end damage) but after looking at some of our feral brothers and sister in the arena brackets I see a lot using the staff. Maybe someone smarter than myself could clarify?

Thanks - Udder.

15+ Year Old Account
    attack speed on the weapon does not affect our damage at all

its only the weapon its dps, witch is the same for all weapon of the same ilvl usaly. so if there are realy no other difference then attack speed it should not matter at all witch weapon you choose, choose a model you like :P

(as a note i dont know the cata pvp weapon but in wotlk there was one whit agility and one whit Ap so make sure you choose one whit agility)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

On EJ they had this to say about weapons, which lead me to believe that min/max damage does matter.

Both the minimum and maximum damage from the weapon are divided by its attack speed. These values are multiplied by the base swing speed of the form you're in (1 for cats, 2.5 for bears), and those values are then added to your minimum and maximum damage without a weapon equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by udderdefeat View Post
    On EJ they had this to say about weapons, which lead me to believe that min/max damage does matter.
    That equation is what determines the DPS of a weapon, and that DPS is what's added to our paw speed.

15+ Year Old Account
    its like this:

a 3000 - 3000 weapon whit 3 sec speed (1000 dps)
    Code:
    Both the minimum and maximum damage from the weapon are divided by its attack speed
    3000 / 3 - 3000 / 3 = 1000 - 1000
    Code:
    These values are multiplied by the base swing speed of the form you're in (1 for cats)
    1000 * 1 - 1000 * 1 = 1000 - 1000
    Code:
    and those values are then added to your minimum and maximum damage without a weapon equipped
    this is kitty base damage i beleive its like 52 - 53 at lvl 80. so 1000 + 52 - 1000 + 53
    = 1052 - 1053 on a 1 sec swing speed

now a different weapon:

a 1000 - 1000 weapon whit a 1 sec speec (1000 dps)
    Code:
    Both the minimum and maximum damage from the weapon are divided by its attack speed
    1000 / 1 - 1000 / 1 = 1000 - 1000
    Code:
    These values are multiplied by the base swing speed of the form you're in (1 for cats)
    1000 * 1 - 1000 * 1 = 1000 - 1000
    Code:
    and those values are then added to your minimum and maximum damage without a weapon equipped
    this is kitty base damage i beleive its like 52 - 53 at lvl 80. so 1000 + 52 - 1000 + 53
    = 1052 - 1053 on a 1 sec swing speed

so since you devide te weapon is mix / max damage by its swing speed all you have left is the weapon dps. and since cat form has a 1 sec attack speed we can simpely add the weapon its dps to our paws
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE