Thread: drain mana

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    Drain mana drains about 2.7k mana per tick.

As a former Discpriest in arena, quite skilled at it. Now playing shadow because it sucks and drainmana is OP.

Drain mana as said drains 2.7k mana per tick, my dispel magic is 3k mana, your drain mana has no CD, just a cast time on 3 sec innit ?

This is absurb and ONLY OP. As mana matters as HELL now, theres nothing stopping a aff lock(since all locks pvp with that) from dotting > mana draining, because their selfhealin without drain life is SICK!

I've got 3k resi on my priest(NO RESI GEMS), Vicious hands and legs for shadow and 2 parts for holy/disc for hte extra resi. But what does that help me? Not much, since we still get facerolled by every class basicly.
    what you just described is called "strategy"
    are you also going to imply that all CC is OP because it makes you unable to heal?
    "oh dear, someone did something that makes it hard for me to do other stuff, THEY ARTE OP! QQQQ"
    have they removed priests psychic scream and dispel magic?
    does shadow not have silence and psychic horror?
    is your arena partner too tunnelvision to think the blue beam of evil should be interrupted?

or should all priests be unbeatable no matter what class they're up against?

(let's not forget, priests have a drain mana as well, the only difference is it does damage as well, or is that not OP?)

Deleted
    First of all: Drain mana is sick atm because mana is valuable like hell
    Second: I have no problem them draining me as Shadow, cuz theres usualy no time for them draining my mana while we fuck the healer up.

As i played Disc/Mage in 2v2, we met several affliction locks where most of them used the "ZOMG I WILL DOT AND DRAIN MANA TACTIC LOLS".
    When i LoS they still find holes when i show my face to heal my mage, we CC the warlock, counterspell him when its not 100% needed on the healer. But did you forget that ALL HEALERS CAN DISPEL MAGIC NOW? So Sheep, Fear, Counterspell(if it was fakecasted) can BE DISPELLED.

What "AdamG3691" missed in my previous post was, THE DRAIN MANA TICKS for 2.7k on my manapool with 3k resi. And i belive its a 3 sec cast? If i dispel as soon as he casts it, assuming he doesnt have any dots up, its still technicly(that how you spell it?) 2 ticks(one tick being my dispelcast for 3k mana).

10+ Year Old Account
    it does suck :/ i have won quite a few battles by ooming the healer, doesnt need removing imo, maybe just a nerf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTommy View Post
    Look on the bright side though- 1 free keybind ;3.
    This is it for me. TBH, the mana drain was more of a burden to me in LK. Felt like a chore I had to do to take out the healer. It's just not necessary to be successful in cata and I'm running out of key space. It's obviously a fairly major nerf, but I won't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Thank god.

Useless spell.

Thank you Blizz.

havent used it since...well...ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    If you weren't sarcastic there, you're prolly the worst lock...well...ever.
    And here we have a perfect example of PvPers and PvEers failing to recognise they're each coming from different perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokoran View Post
    First off I could careless, I never play 2's and I think 2's is stupid for reasons just like this, an otherwise meh skill is zomg omnom in 2's arena.

Hell I used to run 2's as disc priest/affliction lock and DM + mana burn = ROFLMAO! in a lot of cases, it was either pointless or OP, don't really see any reason to keep it quite honestly, as long as they get rid of mana burn, you can't get rid of drain mana but keep mana burn, so either they both stay or both go otherwise epic QQ inc.

Oh and wtf is up with everyone saying "omg if you get rid of DM I might as well just play a mage!". If you think the main thing that made you a warlock over a mage was drain mana you're stupid and should do everyone in your battlegroup a favor and uninstall WoW asap, seriously.

Warlocks always QQ as soon as they feel the brush of the nerf bat, think of where we were at back in TBC back when everything that could silence or stun us would kill us, yes that was years ago but yes....that's just proof that things could be a lot worse.

I don't see the point in crying over it as long as they remove mana burn as well.

I'll break it down for you since you cannot make a connection with the point. You ever play one of those fighting games where the ultimate move is just the same as another char with a different name and different colors? That's how they have been pushing locks. We are becoming mage clones. slowly, these past few months has given us not 1 not 2 not 3 but 4 cloned spells. And in a game this popular this long lived and with this much money in it, we should be seeing UNIQUE classes not a single ability should be a freggin reskin of another -.-

That you can't see a correlation between lets say evocation and Soul Harvest this is somewhat worrysom.
    Are they going to have to remove all the demon pets and give you a green water elemental that fires slowing felgoo balls for you to open your eyes?

One more removed skill, one more skill that made us unique lost.
    Last edited by Humungo; 2010-12-29 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiem View Post
    I find it funny that theyre saying theyre going to remove Drain Mana, but they MIGHT have to evaluate Mana Burn. Theyre exactly the same thing essentially... So why are they targeting 'locks and maybe priests rather than both or neither?
    Well, sort of.

Mana Drain restores mana to you, Mana Burn doesn't.
    Mana Drain is instant (and channelled) Mana Burn has a 2.5 second cast time.
    Mana Drain cannot be LoS'd once it is on, Mana Burn can be LoS'd.

And the mana cost of Mana Burn means you are also burning away a nice big chunk of your own mana pool at the same time.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-12-29 at 08:54 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Thank god.

Useless spell.

Thank you Blizz.

havent used it since...well...ever.

You never raided AQ20 did you? This was when you HAD to use this spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    I'll break it down for you since you cannot make a connection with the point. You ever play one of those fighting games where the ultimate move is just the same as another char with a different name and different colors? That's how they have been pushing locks. We are becoming mage clones. slowly, these past few months has given us not 1 not 2 not 3 but 4 cloned spells. And in a game this popular this long lived and with this much money in it, we should be seeing UNIQUE classes not a single ability should be a freggin reskin of another -.-

That you can't see a correlation between lets say evocation and Soul Harvest this is somewhat worrysom.
    Are they going to have to remove all the demon pets and give you a green water elemental that fires slowing felgoo balls for you to open your eyes?

One more removed skill, one more skill that made us unique lost.
    I'm just going to check the lock ablity list, be right back
    (tum te tum)

create health stone = mana gem
    soul harvest = evocation
    shadow ward = mage ward
    ritual of souls = ritual of refreshment (sorta)
    seed of corruption = living bomb
    shadowflame = dragon's breath
    demonic circle = blink (sort of)
    fel flame = ice lance + Frostfire bolt
    dark intent = focus magic
    curse of exaustion = slow
    shadowfury = frost nova
    bane of havoc + soul swap = fire mage's impact (pushing it a bit there)

then there are the regular things like:
    rain of fire = firey blizzard
    shadowbolt = fireball

but I won't count them because theyre standard mechanics

so yes, lots of warlock and mage spells have "many marked similarites"

I didn't know we had spellsteal, who knew :P

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

If anything drain mana made them more of a shadow priest than a mage.
    And that is contradictive to the OP how you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.