Deleted

The future of Tailoring

Hello, first of all I'd like to apologize if such or similar thread already exists here.

I have it really hard to skill up my Tailoring. I am at 506 at the moment, after countless cloths I've transformed into bolts. That really worries me, cause Tailoring actually require thousands of cloths to get it up to 525. And the fact that a single embersilk cloth costs around 5g on my server isn't cheering me up at all.

I've come to an idea whether it would be worthy to drop it to get Alchemy, I play a holy priest, my second profession is Enchanting which starts to become really handy.
    I've got a question to people who are at 525 already - is it worth to keep Tailoring? I'd like to make some money of out it, however for now I only get more and more gold into this money sink and see no way out to max it quickly.
    Are the crafts at 525 profitable upon crafting and selling?

Thank you for your replies!

i'm leveling my first alt after my main, and sending embersilk to my lock which is sitted in ironforge. 509 tailoring now, when it comes to level him i'll reach the cap in no effort and little gold spent.

Deleted
    U can always go farm the cloth yourself instead of buying it on the ah. A good way of doing this is doing the Tol Barad daily's. I usually get 2-3 stacks doing those whilst getting rep. Another way is just plain and simple kill certain mobs for a few hours and u'll get a couple of stacks. An answer to the question if its profitable is harder. I guess it depends which server ur on. I sold 2 belts for 8k each. I farmed all the mats myself so i would say its worth keeping it. And since u are enchanting u can DE the stuff you make, that way you should make more gold then you spend.

regarding the leveling - well yeah, its really painful towards your bank - but so are all other professions. but tbh tailoring has quite a good return - so far ive sold 3 legs, 1 belt and lots of leg enchants. i havent rly recorded how much gold ive spent on embersilk stacks, but right now they go for 40-50g on most realms, and ive bough quite a few for over 200-300g.

if u are going to farm it id recommend tol barad, in the prisons(when u get the dailies if u control it). the respawn rate is ridiculous atm and technically you can be fighting every second.

10+ Year Old Account
    TB dailies are a good idea. That or some of the dragonmaw dailies. Either way, you're gaining rep with the goods which is a win/win.

If you're a caster, Tailoring can be incredibly powerful for a number of reasons due to the Lightweave proc which has been changed from the WotLK version. Wrath gave us Spell Power, Cata Lightweave gives us INT. For a number of reasons, its very good. Its throughput and its regen (time it with your Sfiend and HoH, or Dispersion if you're shadow but that's a waste of a great proc).

Tailoring is also beneficial as a moneymaker. Dreamcloth is now BoP which means you get to help control the market for the epic spellthreads and can sell other epic cloth armor. Downside? You need to invest in Dreamcloth which can be pricey if you're not willing to farm for the mats. But that's true of any prof. Farm for it and you can do quite well.
    Last edited by Dharmabhum; 2010-12-28 at 03:53 PM. Reason: damn it how do i do mouseover links now?

I have a 525 tailor and 525 Enchanter. After talking with my guildies about the other professions, at least on our server these may be two of the most expensive or time consuming professions to level. With the changes to the high end pieces we can craft, you should have a solid money maker as long as you stay on top of farming mats and using your cooldowns each week. The epic gear you can make is actually itemized very well and on par with the entry level raid gear so you should expect it to sell for some time as it will take people a while to get raids on farm.