Archeology solve macro/script

Hi!

i wonder what the macro or the script is that u write ingame that shows how many solves u have made on each factions. I have seen it here before, but i cant seem to find it again. And i think more people then me are intrested in it. Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    /run print("Total artifacts"); for x=1,9 do local c=GetNumArtifactsByRace(x); local a =0; for y=1,c do local t = select(9, GetArtifactInfoByRace(x, y)); a=a+t;end local rn = GetArchaeologyRaceInfo(x); if( c > 1 ) then print(rn .. ": " .. a); end end

Associate Professor Emeralde ~ fire-starter, flower-picker, potion-brewer, and artifact-finder

thx very much! 90 night elf solves so far and no doll :[ but i have scepter mount and vial of sands from tol'vir tho that adds up ^^

Awesome macro, thanks a ton!

Thanks for the macro! 207 artifacts completed by the time I got the doll (and nothing else useful). I'd be exasperated by that, but my husband's far beyond that number and no doll.

Got my doll on my 17th nelf too bad i dont have a healer

Deleted
    got the doll on my 83 too bad its collecting dust in my bank :f

Deleted
    its a dps trinket aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Emeralde View Post
    /run print("Total artifacts"); for x=1,9 do local c=GetNumArtifactsByRace(x); local a =0; for y=1,c do local t = select(9,GetArtifactInfoByRace(x, y)); a=a+t;end local rn = GetArchaeologyRaceInfo(x); if( c > 1 ) then print(rn .. ": " .. a); end end
    Managed to pare this down just enough to get a "TOTAL=" line to print inside 255 chars:

/run local v=0;local t;for x=1,9 do local c=GetNumArtifactsByRace(x); local a=0;for y=1,c do local t=select(9,GetArtifactInfoByRace(x,y));a=a+t;end local r=GetArchaeologyRaceInfo(x); if(c>1) then print(r..":"..a);t=(a+v);v=t;end end print ("TOTAL="..v)

Just to REALLY let you know how much time you've spent I'm on 755 :/

Quote Originally Posted by Repression View Post
    Hi!

i wonder what the macro or the script is that u write ingame that shows how many solves u have made on each factions. I have seen it here before, but i cant seem to find it again. And i think more people then me are intrested in it. Thanks in advance!
    Save all the typing and get the "professor" addon. Lists solves by race and even divides them into commons and rares.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatredsheart View Post
    Save all the typing and get the "professor" addon. Lists solves by race and even divides them into commons and rares.
    what typing? just CTRL+C the text, then load up WOW make a new macro then CTRL+V that shit in the box.

You don't have to type out the whole /run thisstuffisreallyreallylongwhycanttherebeashortcutforthisshit
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

What's the point when it tells you right in the arch page?

Quote Originally Posted by Emeralde View Post
    /run print("Total artifacts"); for x=1,9 do local c=GetNumArtifactsByRace(x); local a =0; for y=1,c do local t = select(9, GetArtifactInfoByRace(x, y)); a=a+t;end local rn = GetArchaeologyRaceInfo(x); if( c > 1 ) then print(rn .. ": " .. a); end end
    If you want to use the macro above (the one I made ^ ) you must view the solve log before you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahf View Post
    /run local v=0;local t;for x=1,9 do local c=GetNumArtifactsByRace(x); local a=0;for y=1,c do local t=select(9,GetArtifactInfoByRace(x,y));a=a+t;end local r=GetArchaeologyRaceInfo(x); if(c>1) then print(r..":"..a);t=(a+v);v=t;end end print ("TOTAL="..v)
    /
    You can turn t=1+v;v=t can just be turned into v=a+v.

As for my Total solves (3 toons with professor + others) its now well over 4000 solves in total.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdx View Post
    You can turn t=1+v;v=t can just be turned into v=a+v.
    Cool, I don't do much with LUA and had tried a couple of logical operators (like +=) that failed, so I just did it the long way instead of googling since I had the space

this is an old thread.. but is there any way to wisper or print this on Guild Chat?

Download the chat addon "Prat 3.0" and use its quote feature to copy what was written in your chat window, and paste it into your guildchat.

Profit =)