Hardest Halfus Setup?

IMO

Its the Scion, Slate, Shadow nova one

This week I pugged him, and we got Scion, Slate, Time

Time is a joke, and basically is just there to be kept up to slow fireballs and is last

Scion literally makes this fight WAY harder on heals/tanks, and any combo with him makes it hard.

I would say that without the scion drake this fight is almsot 1 Tankable...

I also had to go with 3 healers with the above setup and they were failing...Not that they weere amazing but still...

25m Time Warden can be a pain, since melee has a good chance to die in a blink of an eye if you're unlikely on fireball positions.

But Frenzy/Shadow AE/Mortal Strike would be ridiculous. Would need to pull both Frenzy & Shadow Nova at once, and hope you can 2 tank the boss+dragon, or introduce a third tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    that fight gets x100000000000 easier in 25man because you have like a million times the utility and it doesn't matter what drake combo you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by msully View Post
    The writing around him tells us he's a great warchief, but his actions don't match it.

For example, on the blimp ride to Twilight Highlands, he sends his air defenses after the Alliance, leaving the blimps open to attach by Twilight Dragons.

Unfortunately, he survived.

1 tanking pretty much guarantees that the 90% mortal strike will never fall of... its doable but ...

Yeah 10 man seems harder IMO, in 25 many I think you could bring in 3 tanks, and it would easily be doable, the enrage isn't TOO high as long as dps are pulling their weight, and you could pull 2 dragons out at once easily.

Deleted
    Scion/Slate/Storm by far. When we got this setup we wiped 32 times on our first night in BWD before downing him, after that it was oneshot every week with Time/Whelps in the combo. This fight is ridiculously imbalanced in terms of how easy/hard it can be depending on RNG drake combo. :S

No drakes definitely would be the hardest setup =P

Scion/Slate/Storm on 10 man is difficult but not impossible. Just have to use clever mechanics and have your DPS on the ball. 1 Paladin is almost required though. More than 1 will make it even easier.

Tank boss in middle with a good interupt (Ele/Enh shaman are awesome), release both the Scion/Storm drakes.

Offtank grabs both drakes and tank them rotating through all cooldowns. Heroism on pull to burn first drake. When the halfus tank gets to 10-12 stacks, offtank taunts Halfus to ping-pong, BoP the main tank to remove stacks. By the time the stacks get to 10 again the first drake should be dead or well passed dead, if not your dps is not good enough to kill the encounter.

At this point tanks should target switch at ~ 10 stacks and when debuff fades.

When second drake dies you can ignore 3rd drake and burn boss or release it. I would suggest doing it without releasing it and see if you hit enrage, if you have solid dps you won't. I prefer releasing the 3rd drake and killing it, due to the stun can actually interupt roar and is just funny to look at.

If you have a good mage the second half of fight is a joke, if not you need good healers to heal the tanks and ~ 60k raid dmg every 30 seconds or so. If healers are struggling releasing the slate drake makes healing the second half much much easier since they have a 10 second window of nobody taking damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    i run a 10man guild (not shit but not amazing either (10,nearly 11 [1% wipes on cho'gall ftl!]/12 atm))
    we -by far- had most trouble (like ~3 extra hours of wipes after easily killing it before) with storm/slate/scion, that setup is a right bitch.

-any- other setup we could probably 1shot and with the exception of the first raid, we have 1shot other combos we've had but ye, at least in 10man id say storm/slate/scion is the hardest.

usually we just /lol @ any combo containing either whelps and/or time warden though, both of those 'drakes' are laughable imo
    Last edited by monkfish; 2011-01-12 at 02:36 PM.
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

Deleted
    depands how good ur dps are. from a casual 10 man guild pov with a resto shammy and pala tank we never had any problem with slate combo. its just as if the fight was with only 2 buffs since you can simply hop the first 12-15 stacks and activate slate afterwards.

hardest times we had with our setup (low aoe dmg and heal) was with storm/whelsp/time. the aoe dmg is incredible and our dds didnt manage to take storm down quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, just release storm + whelps at the same time at the start and aoe nuke till whelps die then focus storm with cd's and hero to clear it fast.. its very easy and makes the aoe fire hit for nothing.

just be sure to keep an interrupter on the boss during the same time so interrupt the shadow novas and then no damage from that either.

time is just lolololol whenever imo - you can just release it after and kill it np, even when its still chained up the individual fireballs from the proto dragon hit for shit all..
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury