Frost Dk & Magmaw

So we first attmepted this boss last night. Them main issue was parasites. Once we got everyone to avoid pillar the ranged were having trouble taking down the parasites. Now I have recently heard that a frost dk should help out with howling blast . I tried this last night and it seemed that I was instantley pulling aggro and that parasites were coming for me. The issue with this is they would pat straight out of the frost trap and I would spend half my time chaining parasites trying to keep them away from me.

I guess I am just trying to get some input from other frost dks who have done this fight what is the best technique for helping your ranged with the parasites?

Did you spec into Chillbains? (The slowing debuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Diapewpew View Post
    Did you spec into Chillbains? (The slowing debuff)
    No but I am assuming I should

Quote Originally Posted by Elguappo View Post
    No but I am assuming I should

Of course you should.

I'm a frost DK in a 10man guild and this is a boss where howling blast really shines.Just remember to save up at least 2 frost runes and a death one right before they spawn.Having a Rime proc up is also recommended.

Deleted
    Glyph of Howling Blast and the Chilblains talent.

Yes, in case you haven't noticed but many boss encounters in Cata spawn adds, so having a slowing debuff right off the bat when you hit them with Howling Blast is a good idea, you also need to have the Glyph of Howling Blast where it applies frost fever since that's where the slow comes from.

Theres absolutely no need to slow them, they're slow enough without.

We do it like this: I (usually tank, but Frost in this fight) place DnD in BP every time a pillar spawns, 2x HB and then I run away so they don't jump on me, the other DPS (all of them) should finish them off. Rinse and repeat.

You always have to stay at a certain range, or they'll jump on you. I believe this was fixed last week, because the first two weeks they jumped at you even if you were like 30 yrd away (Always only one, maybe that one was a kamikaze-caterpillar or something:P)
    Last edited by Zaak; 2010-12-28 at 04:50 PM.

Chillblains is beast on this. Hit Magmaw like normal, making sure you blood strike at least twice so you have 4 total HB ready. DND as soon as the lava spout location is chosen, so they run to you and no one near you. Then just dump your HB on the adds, add in blood presence to make sure other DPS can go nuts and not pull. Just position yourself across the room and then walk them in a circle around the room.

After that, you run up to Magmaw, hit him with 2 more bloodstrikes to get 2 more death runes, and by then there should be more parasites. Repeat.

Watch for ignition, and you can even run back to mount him if there aren't enough melee DPS to do so.

After they adjusted the worms to not hop onto random people, and from not so far away, it was really just a matter of raid healing throughout the fight, the rest was cake.

Btw, there's no reason to really ever DPS the boss, you can probably put up near top DPS numbers from AE alone :P

Perfect example of bringing the player, not the class.