Thread: Feral Changes

Feral Changes

So these new changes to feral, pulling back the damage from bleeds and bumping up damage from our main attack (mangle and shred?), have these changes been implemented yet? Or are they just informing us that they are coming in the next restart?

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Source)
    We have a lot of players at 85 now doing everything from Heroic dungeons to rated Battlegrounds, and the class design team is starting to prepare our list of items to investigate for our next patch.

Before you dive down into the meat below (not really a pleasant image, that), be advised that we’re still early in the preliminary stages. The patch isn’t coming out tomorrow. I wrote this before the end of the year and other things may have cropped up in the meantime. Just because your class or pet problem isn’t mentioned below doesn’t mean we won’t address it.

Deleted
    Those are for the next client-side patch iirc, the hotfixes are below that post

i've been a druid since first playin this game back in vanilla and druids have always been the front runner in gettin nerfed. people complain how "OP" we are and yes couple instances we were, but suddenly get nerfed without hesitation.. frankly im tired of it.. blizz needs to look at other class' that are OBVIOUSLY OP, but no lets go crap on the druids again for good measure.. they "fixed" mastery so now we have dps loss going on and now they wanna nerf bleeds lol "shakes head" why not jus take druids out of the game, theres obvious hatred for the class on blizzards end..

Quote Originally Posted by tonkz View Post
    i've been a druid since first playin this game back in vanilla and druids have always been the front runner in gettin nerfed. people complain how "OP" we are and yes couple instances we were, but suddenly get nerfed without hesitation.. frankly im tired of it.. blizz needs to look at other class' that are OBVIOUSLY OP, but no lets go crap on the druids again for good measure.. they "fixed" mastery so now we have dps loss going on and now they wanna nerf bleeds lol "shakes head" why not jus take druids out of the game, theres obvious hatred for the class on blizzards end..
    Quit whining. I've been feral since a month after release and druids have always been the front runners in figuring out ways to make up for their weaknesses and play to their strengths. We were OP back in the day of the unstoppable Mangle-Bear and were rightly nerfed. We were OP in late Wrath/early Cata and now that's getting fixed or maybe over-nerfed - we'll have to wait and see.

Sure, plenty other specs have had it plenty better and were OP for much longer periods of time (rogues in vanilla, warlocks in TBC, warriors/pala/DKs sometimes and maybe resto druids).

Blizzard doesn't hate ferals - they want all the specs to be fairly close to each other so they can make maximum money. The class balancing process has never been faster than it is right now. You should know, Mr. Vanilla-player - remember the days of the "class review patch"?? *That* was pure hell. You seem to have forgotten where you came from. Kinda like the vanilla rogues who thought that they were the only skilled players out there - when it was really the class that was too easy and too powerful.

With a little luck these nerfs (and buff to 'shrooms, which I could do without, I'd rather it was Moonkin-only and ferals were balanced to do without it) and shift to DD abilities will get rid of the community's herd-mentality opinion of perceived feral OPness and there won't be the massive influx of FOTM ferals that was about to happen right about ...now. We might even get a semblance of the "Druid Truce" back!

Don't forget that Lolfrost and Warriors/DKs are also on the chopping block right now - you have no idea how your spec's relative pvp power will stack up against the other classes in a month. You know Blizz is doing something right when all specs are whining and complaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet Blizzard is going to nerf Bleeds big time and give Shred/FB/Mangle some small buffs to "make up for it" followed by finding out how armor is going to screw us over.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    I bet Blizzard is going to nerf Bleeds big time and give Shred/FB/Mangle some small buffs to "make up for it" followed by finding out how armor is going to screw us over.
    lol indeed even if the nerfs / buff are at the exect same level thearmor migation on shred and mangle makes it less awsome ;P

but i think we kitty's will do fine. iv been some of the top dpers in a lot of my previus guil since the start of WotLK , the only real time i felt crpa was whit the 4.0.3 patch hit life :P, but that got ninja fixed.

think abotu the good things, what if they buff damage of ravage ? ppl will QQ for getting a 40K crit on them ftw
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Wasn't one of their stated goals to make druid damage more oriented around bleeds than around direct damage this expansion? I wish Blizz could make up their damned minds

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlock View Post
    Wasn't one of their stated goals to make druid damage more oriented around bleeds than around direct damage this expansion? I wish Blizz could make up their damned minds
    i dont think it was ever stated :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i dont think it was ever stated :P
    I'm sure it was implied, hence our Mastery. I've stated in other threads like this, moving damage away from bleeds and into (most likely) auto attack and shred (even if done correctly) does one thing, make the spec just a little bit more boring. I already miss the days of Ulduar when our "rotation" (hate that term) was at it's peak of John Maddeness, I found then it was easy to seperate the men form the boys (sort of speak).

Maybe they could do a "cauterize" mechanic for pvp bleeds. If someone rips your leg open, can you just dispell the wound? No, you heal it. Same with this, make bleeds "dispellable" by healing a certain amount on the target, thus sealing the wound. Or even maybe for [x] amount of healing recieved, reduce time on bleeds by [y] seconds. You won't get the bleed off right away, but you wont take the full brunt of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlock View Post
    If it wasn't stated (almost certain it was) then it was certainly implied. Either way they overdid feral bleed damage. Shift it a little to DD attacks, make sure it's a wee bit of a damage nerf, too - otherwise the burst goes through the roof - and that should do it. I don't see the Berserk nerf as needed, but might work out either way. Maybe I'm biased - warlocks have owned me my entire Wow-playing career, except for WOTLK.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cata brought about the removal of armor pen. it is going to take Blizz a few tries to really iron out our damage abilities. I have faith they will eventually be satisfied with the results. Have patience. Druids of all the classes tend to adapt to the changed and I am sure this one will be no different.

IF your seriously not enjoying dpsing on a druid anymore ( it isn't for everyone) then I suggest going for some other class. I mean no one is forcing anyone to play anything. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    and dont forget:

Kitty druids PWN!
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE