chaud, please read this.

I just thought I would post this referring to your links on computer parts. The recent narwal computer setup has one part I noticed after buying it that is not right. The Xigmatek HDT-S1284 fan and bracket actually won't work for a motherboard that takes a Intel i5 cpu. I probable should have noticed it before I bought it, but wanted to just let you know. Just as a side note, I really appreciated you posting those computer setups bc I actually built my recent one with it. Thanks again and please don't flame me if it was obvious to some other people.

http://www.pricebat.ca/Xigmatek-ACK-...64.p_10102699/
    That's a bracket that supports 1156.
    I didn't check the bracket linked on the front-page, due to, well, newegg not always working in swe.

Yea I sent that bracket back and going to get right one. Just letting chaud know that the fan and mainly bracket was for the wrong cpu in his recent set up.

What heatsink/fan exactly works for the set-up then?

That bracket may support heatsinks built for the i5, but if the heatsink/fan listed on the setup doesn't fit then what's the use?

Could someone please post a link to the necessary heatsink/fan and mounting bracket for chaud's setup? The Narwhal, as it were.
    Last edited by Ohsnapcaustic; 2010-12-29 at 01:24 AM. Reason: clarification

Looks like Amazon pulled the old switcharoo and stopped selling the 1156 bracket and forwarded to that one. Thanks for letting me know, but a PM would have been easier for me!

Oh sorry chaud and will do that next time. Love your computer setups. Build my recent one with those parts and loved it.