Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Reforge Item level.

This is completely hypothetical so please do not flame before you read the entire post. (Wasn't sure where to put this so I put it in general :P)
    Anyhow... Okay, So, let's say that Blizzard has added a new feature to the game where you can reforge Item levels. When you choose to reforge an Item level it instantly boots the item level to the corresponding item level of whatever the highest possible quality in the game is. (So an epic trinket from BC would be like ilevel 359 and blue would be ilevel 345 but after patch 4.1 it would be a higher ilevel)
    Also, sense the power of items goes by the item level when you boost the ilevel the stats would increase dramatically. (So they would actually be useful again)
    Now, you can only reforge ONE item every THREE MONTHS. And once that item has been reforged it can not be reforged again for an entire year.
    You CAN NOT reforge Legendaries OR tier set pieces. So please do not post legendaries.

So... What item would you choose to have again?

On my tank without a doubt it would be the Dawnforged Defender. The epic shield from getting exalted with the Shattered Sun Offensive. That is my favorite shield ever.
    On my healer it would be the Vial of the Sunwell from Heroic Magister's Terrence.

Both are from BC for me but thats because there weren't many items in WotLK that stood out for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    My DK would be awesome in t11 while wielding the Hellreaver polearm from Hellfire Ramparts^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Deleted
    So you want free gear every three months?

Be
    ne
    dic
    tion
    !

10+ Year Old Account

Reading the OP is a decent idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellga View Post
    So you want free gear every three months?
    No. The idea is that we can still use gear we already have, but at a competitive level. There will still be a point in getting other weapons/armor/gear in general from end-game, but with this HYPOTHETICAL reforging, a player can use that awesome-looking weapon from Vanilla/BC/Wrath while doing current end-game.

At least, that's the way I understood the OP^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    No. The idea is that we can still use gear we already have, but at a competitive level. There will still be a point in getting other weapons/armor/gear in general from end-game, but with this HYPOTHETICAL reforging, a player can use that awesome-looking weapon from Vanilla/BC/Wrath while doing current end-game.

At least, that's the way I understood the OP^^
    Thank you, this IS completely hypothetical. And yes, that is the idea.

corrupted ashbringer

15+ Year Old Account
    Trinket - Dragonspine Trophy would definately be one of them... I still have this item in my bank. God this was such a huge DPS UG.

Weapon(s) - Blade of Savagery and/or Blade of Infamy

Cursed Vision of Sargaeras would be the other...

I`d love a mad version of the hellreaver from ramparts, that would be epic indeed to bad i cant go TG with polearms

Deleted
    You'll get quickly bored by WoW and quit.
    One thing that keep people playing is the hope of phat loot.
    Without that, you won't run the same instances/raids for months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm's Edge.

I was always partial to the warblades of the hakkari on my fury warrior

15+ Year Old Account
    could also take it one step further, and make it so you cannot have more than 3 or 4 of these reforged items total, and if you want another, you have to revert one of your current ones... only doing one per 3 months AND this other restriction would actually make it plausible to put in game, not likely, but at least plausible.

I like the idea, but with some tweaks meybe, lets say you were to reforge to a Ilvl 359 trinket, then you WOULD HAVE TO have a Ilvl 359 trinket, to reforge a lower lvl item to that, this old item would be consumed in the process.

I would chose dbw
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

The red/gold/black/green cloth gear colourscheme from the Sunwell, with a matching Golden Staff of the Sin'Dorei, off Kil'jaeden.

Deleted
    Warglaives.

I would bring Stormherald back, i loved that mace.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxatos View Post
    I would bring Stunherald back, i loved that mace.
    Fixed that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this idea, because I would love to use my S1 Gladiator swords or Blinkstrike again, I just see it as a way of getting free and easy gear. EQ2 had a great system for things like this, and Blizz almost did something close with the over-cloaks. Basically you had two sets of gear, stats and look. All your stats were obviously obtained from the stats set, but you got the item models from your second set. I would love this for WoW, because I personally hate the rogue t11 look.

Edit: There is a program to change your ingame item models. I was a mut rogue with Thunderfury and Ashbringer for awhile, that was fun.