Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Nice guide

???

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    good guide. I'm deep in archaeology already, but many people starting on it may find it useful

but just a little heads up about Zin'rokh:

this is just unnecessary exageration, the "drop" rate is probably 1%, maybe a little bit higher, 0.0001% would imply a chance of 1 in 100000, which is definitelly not the case. the "rarity" in large part is due to having to work SO much time on it in EK hoping for troll digsites for a CHANCE of it appearing. I got it on my 51th solve, I've seen people take longer, or even get it as soon as their 3rd or 4th solve, the same way people can get lucky to get a rare mount drop on the first kill of a boss
    Its not 1% id say its 0.01% or maybe 0.001% i know people that have done 7895 troll fragments and still not gotten it. And hes going till 10000, if he does not get it by then hes going to send in a nice ticket to blizz. I myself have solved 91. Where my friend got it on his 3rd solve.....

7895 troll fragments implies about 225 troll artifacts. The chance of not getting the sword by that amount is about 10%. Which is not all that unreasonable. If he still doesn't have it after 10.000 fragments (286 artifacts) the odds of not having the sword is about 5%, which is the point where one might start doubting about the droprate of 1%.

But still, if 5% doesn't have it after 10000 fragments, the person you're talking about could be one of them.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any requirement to be able to research in ULDUM ?? I have hit 525 about a week ago... and I still haven't seen any digsite in ULDUM on my map... I'm wondering if I have missed something..

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeehell View Post
    Is there any requirement to be able to research in ULDUM ?? I have hit 525 about a week ago... and I still haven't seen any digsite in ULDUM on my map... I'm wondering if I have missed something..

Thanks
    You havent missed anything, The spawn points for digsites are completely random.
    You are just unlucky you havent encountered any yet.

Why do people go to ZG to solve troll stuff? Does it matter, or does it just feel good?

Archaeology: sell value of common artifacts greatly increased

-.-

Excellent guide. Have 75 NE solves so far and still no trinket, hopefully this can help me get them done quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbutcher View Post
    If you read the forums of mmo-champion and world of warcraft, you'll see that a lot of people have solved more than 150 and they still got no sword. Just a small percentage (and really small) lucky players got them before 100 solves. Personally, I'm in my 195 solve without getting the sword. From my perspective, the drop rate is definitely not 1%.
    Lol, you obviously don't understand the concept of a 1% drop rate. It doesn't mean you try 100 times and you get it within those 100 tries. It means every time you try you have 1 out of 100 chance of getting the sword which unfortunately, means you could try 1000 times and still not get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    "???
    So this is a silly little race. Why? Because it doesn’t exist yet, the icon you’re seeing is simply a placeholder for a future new race. What does this mean? This means we’ll have more digging to do later on, rejoice!"

Looks like some kind of a compendium to me that you get access after a content patch

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not gotten any discover skill ups since I reached 50 skill. You say that you can level until 100 with just discovers but maybe they nerfed it?

I hope blizz implements more content for archa!

Quote Originally Posted by Dergrim View Post
    I have not gotten any discover skill ups since I reached 50 skill. You say that you can level until 100 with just discovers but maybe they nerfed it?
    Yes, it was nerfed down to 50.

A couple of other changes...

A cap was introduced on fragments. You can only carry 200 fragments per type at a time.

Queen Azshara’s Dressing Gown requires level 51 to equip (down from level 60).