Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is anyone else having ridiculous difficulty trying to beat warrior setups in arena?

As as afflock, i pretty much give up once they hamstring me. It gets quite stupid from them on. I cast Exhaust on them, and portal away when I can. However with their abilitys, such as immobilize hamstring and that charge stun he can pull of ridiculous burst in seconds and nuke either me or my resto druid down. I find it SO unfair how they how so much control over us. Im not QQ'ing... but how can I counter this? how am I able to dps a warrior down or even get to his healer to dps him when the warrior now has so many interrupts and stick-onto you spells

Quote Originally Posted by Khalifa View Post
    As as afflock, i pretty much give up once they hamstring me. It gets quite stupid from them on. I cast Exhaust on them, and portal away when I can. However with their abilitys, such as immobilize hamstring and that charge stun he can pull of ridiculous burst in seconds and nuke either me or my resto druid down. I find it SO unfair how they how so much control over us. Im not QQ'ing... but how can I counter this? how am I able to dps a warrior down or even get to his healer to dps him when the warrior now has so many interrupts and stick-onto you spells
    Learn to cyclone, root.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinShake View Post
    Learn to cyclone, root.
    Op is a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Op is a warlock.
    read section below.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalifa View Post
    As as afflock, i pretty much give up once they hamstring me. It gets quite stupid from them on. I cast Exhaust on them, and portal away when I can. However with their abilitys, such as immobilize hamstring and that charge stun he can pull of ridiculous burst in seconds and nuke either me or my resto druid down.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    You missed the second part of his post:

He's looking for advice for his character, not his partner.

As for constructive feedback is Death Coil followed by Fear when he breaks it with Berserker Rage still an option? Been a long time since I did arena or checked Warrior spells.
    actually cyclone/roots is a better idea.

Save deathcoil/fear for the heals.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, alot of bugs as well, stunning through pillars in nagrand, thunderclap me through the pillars etc.
    Basicly impossible to keep them away unless there is an elevated difference for portal and their selfheals make the cup tip over :/
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

yeah they are really hard to beat but if u have the warlock/arena skill they are easy....to beat warrios in arenas: use demon armor, portals, CoEx, and use succubus when goin against melee and felhunter to counter casters. and how much resil do u have btw?

protein shake's got it right. The answer is your partner's CC, whoever it is. Warlock don't have much against a warrior. If it goes after you, you can do what you can, but you will need to let your group keep him away from you. Just part of the rock/paper/scissors thing. I let the mage handle it

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a macro for soulburn teleport for the sprint. Drop your port just inside and wait. Death coil/shadowfury/fear when possible, glyphed shadowflame followed by port is a good way to open up distance. Conflag is another good slow to use, but seeing as how you're afflic, fear/howl on cd, might try CoW to hopefully help with his damage output against you.

Deleted
    Warriors are overpowered so it will be tough but if you curse them and the druid shifts hamstring then he should be able to kite, also you need to fear the healer so he cant dispel roots. If you are talking 2v2 and he plays with a non priest healer, I cant see how you can kill them. 2v2 is a really unbalanced bracket.

Deleted
    I appreciate all the comments. Ofcourse my partner is using chained cyclone and rooting.
    We should be having much more control of the game. But when it also comes to double dps teams my druid partner gets raped badly, ESPECIALLY vs Sp and mages (yeh we can cc again... but with a Poly, fear, 2x silence, and plently of freezes. I can be kept out the game for a while, giving them perfect time to kill me.

---------- Post added 2010-12-29 at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinShake View Post
    Learn to cyclone, root.
    I forgot to mention that we use all our CC's. A warr and Pala is so strong against us. That one HoJ and the stuns a warr has is as powerful as 2 dps on our healer. I think maybe Rdruids is maybe quite week atm? After all I am not seeing any Lock/Rdrood teams atm. not even one and i've played about 30/40 games atm.
    Last edited by mmoc31ab9579aa; 2011-01-06 at 07:04 PM.

OP needs a new resto druid for 2s :| aff/druid is hard counter to pala/warrior, troll elsewhere please.

Deleted
    With mana drain being removed I would never play lock healer again in 2s as any competent teams will never die (maybe hunter/priest) double dps teams are much more fun to play.

if they keep their promise of making ALL healers actually run out of mana for once, then affliction in 2s will still be decent after drain mana nerf. But then again, Blizz is not designing around 2s, so...

And for the OP, your druid is really doing it wrong. Basically, his cyclone is what will play an important role, you need to juke-fear the zerker rage and root once the charge is on cd. You alone could not face the warrior by himself, seeing how OP their damage is.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're intrested in doing 2vs2, spec demo and tell your druid to go feral, or ditch your druid and get a mage or enhancement shaman.

I don't know about arenas, but I actually stand a chance 1v1 against warriors in BGs as demo if meta is off CD. Fear (which he normally pops BR), Hand, corruption, BoA, axe toss, immolate when he gets loose, I pop meta, immo aura, felstorm, and demon leap toward him. spam fel flame while I try and kite him back through where hand hit so he gets rooted. If he gets rooted, SB, if not felflame re-dot, hand and axe again when off CD. If i'm good on health, SB+SF when he gets in decimate range and start nuking, if not SB+cookie.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) get a rogue partner
    2) make him sit on warrior all match
    3) make him kidney everytime you are gonna fear his healer
    4) portal away when low (make rogue vanish when low and bandage/eat)
    5) portal away when he pops deadly calm/inner rage
    6) dismantle his bladestorm
    7) collect valor points

ps: make sure you have 3k+ resil
    pps: seen this work as affliction and mutilate rogue

Go destro! destruction ruins!

Deleted
    OP needs a new resto druid for 2s :| aff/druid is hard counter to pala/warrior, troll elsewhere please.
    I dont know about you, but i play in cataclysm not wrath.

Warriors are generally strong at the moment, destruction is probably slightly better against them as all you can do is use what you have to open gaps then do as much damage as possible before he's back on you, it shouldn't be too hard with a druid partner to get a good DR rotation going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuddah View Post
    Go destro! destruction ruins!
    Not for arena it doesnt... affliction is better than destro for arena atm, its a shame, i love destro too :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.