Thread: archaeology ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
    This wasn't a buff it was a bug that was fixed, All the way through the beta it was 3-6 per site.
    lol i got 7 fragments....

Quote Originally Posted by Qarling View Post
    Lore? Are you fucking kidding me. I got a dwarven knife and it said. They used this for eating. That is all. What a fucking waste of my time. GREY ITEMS FOR LORE? fuck off.
    You heard it here first. Only epic items can have lore.

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 11:40 AM ----------

This wasn't a buff it was a bug that was fixed, All the way through the beta it was 3-6 per site.
    Then why was it never mentioned in the hotfix blog?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You heard it here first. Only epic items can have lore.

---------- Post added 2010-12-28 at 11:40 AM ----------

Then why was it never mentioned in the hotfix blog?
    Because they don't have to mention everything in it to conform to your standards of expecting it to be put there.

It was 3-6 through beta it was never changed right up till the end, It was intended to be 3-6 and it was a fix to make it so.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    btw whats so special about having 525 archaeology ?.... from what i can tell there isnt anything
    You open Tol'vir dig sites, wihch are the only way to get the alchemist Recipie Vial of the Sands (the one that turns you into a dragon) and the Scepter mount item, that gives you a Quiraji bug as a mount that you can use anywhere (looks like the blue battle tank from AQ40)

(edit : Spelling Fail)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    lol i got 7 fragments....
    Yeah, they increased the number of fragments you get after 375 from 3-6 to 3-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    You open Tol'vir dig sites, wihch are the only way to get the alchemist Recipie Vial of the Sands (the one that turns you into a dragon) and the Scepter mount item, that gives you a Quiraji bug as a mount that you can use anywhere (looks like the blue battle tank from AQ40)

(edit : Spelling Fail)
    Actually, that is 450. Nothing is special about 525 besides some achievements.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    cause hunters have to hunt for them
    THIS!^ Hunter weapons are ezeeey to hunt for.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if you can get just one of every rare objects??

My skill is now 425. and have found 8 rare objects. But still need the staff en mount.

Can i get again the other rare ones or can you just find one of each (i hope that because the mount and staff are close then)

I'm actually enjoying archeology. The tablets sell very well on the AH. I haven't gotten any rare items yet, but I don't care! I've made more money selling archeology mats than I have on tailoring or enchanting. Hopefully, eventually, I'll get the staff I've been looking for. It is very nice and I'm looking forward to it.

Edit: The lore is nice, too. Even the gray items have lore on them if you check them out where they're listed on the archeology pane. It's a nice touch.

lvl 525 and have the Tyrande's Favorite Doll, Raptor mount, raptor pet and gnome pet, the naga transformation thing, the dancing dwarfs, the wind chimes and the silly mirror. Its a total blast doing it, just gotta get in the frame of mind and yes, its long and slow, but it does give some rewards.

Because they don't have to mention everything in it to conform to your standards of expecting it to be put there.

It was 3-6 through beta it was never changed right up till the end, It was intended to be 3-6 and it was a fix to make it so.
    Wrong.
    For a while they went up to a possible 8 fragments per survey on the beta.

And for those crying about specific rares, they have said that everyone will be able to discover every single item.
    How long is takes is just a matter of RNG. And of course how much time you spend digging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Struikje View Post
    Does anyone know if you can get just one of every rare objects??

My skill is now 425. and have found 8 rare objects. But still need the staff en mount.

Can i get again the other rare ones or can you just find one of each (i hope that because the mount and staff are close then)
    You can not find a rare more than once, however the odds of finding each rare are not equal. E.g. you can find the raptor mount and pet pretty easily, but the lvl 85 epics are much more "rare".

Putting it into perspective, I had all the Night Elf rares after solving a total of 40 artefacts (so 15 double common ones). Pretty lucky I guess. Have solved 145 troll commons though, and no rare yet I'm sure there are people who have solved many more without getting anything too.

Oh by the way, you will need 450 skill to even be eligible to solve the lvl 85 epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Qarling View Post
    Lore? Are you fucking kidding me. I got a dwarven knife and it said. They used this for eating. That is all. What a fucking waste of my time. GREY ITEMS FOR LORE? fuck off.
    So what were you looking for with archaeology? A way to get cheap epic gear? I would suggest raiding, pvp, or a crafting profession for that. You're not going to get a whole lot of them from a secondary profession. Not sure why anyone would expect to.

It's a lot like fishing. Boring to level up (at least, according to most). Some of the items sell pretty well, and can make you some cash. There's a few pets to be had. A mount if you're lucky. Lots of achievements to be had, if that's your thing. A lot of RNG. And more RNG.

That's basically what archaeology is, with more time consumption, because instead of sitting at a pond casting and clicking for 8 hours, you have to fly all over the world. It can be fun, or awful, depending on the individual. But if you're only doing it for purples and gear, stop now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    You can not find a rare more than once, however the odds of finding each rare are not equal. E.g. you can find the raptor mount and pet pretty easily, but the lvl 85 epics are much more "rare".

Putting it into perspective, I had all the Night Elf rares after solving a total of 40 artefacts (so 15 double common ones). Pretty lucky I guess. Have solved 145 troll commons though, and no rare yet I'm sure there are people who have solved many more without getting anything too.

Oh by the way, you will need 450 skill to even be eligible to solve the lvl 85 epics.

Ok thankx, and how is it then with that raptor. You get it from the night elf pieces. But you have that in eastern/western kingdoms, but you also find it in Nordrend?
    Does that matter where you have to grind the pieces or not?

Deleted
    Thats not true. That epic staff what drops from archeolgy is very usefull for healers and the other staff for range dps.

Why have something that takes forever to get to 525 and yields no positive results along the way.
    Oh but it does yield something positive .. XP, big time. The best way to do archaeology is while leveling your next character, especially if combined with herbalism and/or mining. I almost think it levels you faster than questing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Struikje View Post
    Ok thankx, and how is it then with that raptor. You get it from the night elf pieces. But you have that in eastern/western kingdoms, but you also find it in Nordrend?
    Does that matter where you have to grind the pieces or not?
    The raptor (both mount and pet) are from Fossil fragments, not Night Elf. And indeed, you have to be in Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor to find those as far as I know, EK has a lot of sites for it anyway.

Synthaxx: no tanking loot for 3 of the 4 tank classes that is I plan to tank with my Zin'Rokh!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Don't be. The items that actually are useful are INSANELY rare.

Don't look at archeology as a production profession, look at it as the cruelest form of RNG.
    Depends how much you want them, a friend of mine only need the night elf trinket and then he got everything he can use.