High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Addon replacement for questhelper?

I'm looking for suggestions on a addon to replace questhelper now that it's junk. I also don't like blizzards default one so that isn't a option.

Carbonite seemed to be the competitor.

Why, exactly, isn't the default, in-game one an option? Just wondering. If it's got something to do with their (I'll admit, terrible) quest tracker, there's replacements for those as well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The tracker and the quest pathing is just really bad on the default.

I've never really had problems with quest helper ive leveled 6 chars to 80 with it, but haven't used it in cataclysm yet just wondering whats happened with it? I allways thought it was amazing.

The default built in one for WoW worked like a charm for me. It was only incorrect with two quests that I remember. One being in Hyjal and another in Uldum.

Besides that Questhelper worked fine before I dropped it for the default.

Enable automatic quest tracking.

Look on map at large bubbles telling you where quest mobs/locations are.

Go there, finish quest.

What is so hard about it? Leveled to 85 in like a day with the default setup.

imo the quest tracker they have in game isnt bad at all. please explain how its horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendall213 View Post
    The tracker and the quest pathing is just really bad on the default.
    The map markers are rarely wrong, so I'm not sure what you mean. Some quests they might not be pin-point specific... or, other quests, a mob might have multiple spawn points. Just depends on how picky you are. As for the tracker, as I said, there's addons to replace that. Who Framed Watcher Wabbit? allows you to customize and move the default one, while QuestGuru replaces it entirely, along with the quest log.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to use Questhelper, until they added the whole new built-in default quest tracker thing. I really see no point in having Questhelper anymore, it's just a waste of space imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

carbonite wins hands down
    carboniteaddon.com

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing ATM is better than the Blizz Default One, Carbonite is a close second, but thats an inflated piece of crap.

Use default.

Go to bubbles, kill and collect X, return to question marks.
    - Nom Nom

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled 80-85 completely without using any quest addon,i doubt its any harder to find quest locations pre 80.