Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeran View Post
    Bear and cat berserk work different already, they could always say only the bear berserk grants fear immunity.
    Problem is bearform make a TON of damage so everyone would use it all the time. An immunity along with no downside is kinda what BLZ want to avoid, especially with the existing way that hex/poly/snares work on druids.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I'm not 100% sure, but polymorphed peeps are more difficult to CC when it's a shapechange. Why wouldn't a bear be able to be afraid? A warrior overcomes his fear with his will and strength to fight and kill. You're a tree hugger with a bear costume on.

15+ Year Old Account
    One shouldn't really compare themselves to warrior if they are melee or to mages as casters.
    Both warrior and mages are the known petclasses of BLZ that always somehow get obscene ammounts of stuff to do within a certain area.

Removing fear from beserk sure make druids stand short vs warriors but in line with the rest.
    Same if warlocks lose their mana drain, I dont like it but if need be to keep us balanced so be it, doesn't matter if mages get a noskill mage armor that act like 50% damagereduction and CC reduction for no other effort than pressing a key after ressing.

One shouldn't really compare themselves to warrior if they are melee or to mages as casters.
    Both warrior and mages are the known petclasses of BLZ that always somehow get obscene ammounts of stuff to do within a certain area.

Removing fear from beserk sure make druids stand short vs warriors but in line with the rest.
    Same if warlocks lose their mana drain, I dont like it but if need be to keep us balanced so be it, doesn't matter if mages get a noskill mage armor that act like 50% damagereduction and CC reduction for no other effort than pressing a key after ressing.

Balance overall is the goal and with some time BLZ might get there, at least they proven to be on top of things before an entire season passed like last xpac.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2010-12-29 at 02:43 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

As far as PvE, yes the argument is stupid that everyone can break fear why can't druid. But if you look at it differently DKtank can prevent almost any incoming debuff via AMS on a 45sec CD. Pally can dispel most poisons / diseases without shifting out of a form if times are tight. The only PvE mechanic a bear can do without shifting out midfight and tossing all their armor is break fear.

Oh. On second thought I guess we can break snares. Cause those matter so often while tanking in a PvE situation right? Oh! but pallies and warriors can do that as well through Charge/Intervene/HoF. Without the fear immunity somewhere among our abilities we'll have tanking issues PvE whereas most other classes can alleviate at least some of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanryu View Post
    As far as PvE, yes the argument is stupid that everyone can break fear why can't druid. But if you look at it differently DKtank can prevent almost any incoming debuff via AMS on a 45sec CD. Pally can dispel most magic / diseases without shifting out of a form if times are tight. The only PvE mechanic a bear can do without shifting out midfight and tossing all their armor is break fear.

Oh. On second thought I guess we can break snares. Cause those matter so often while tanking in a PvE situation right? Oh! but pallies and warriors can do that as well through Charge/Intervene/HoF. Without the fear immunity somewhere among our abilities we'll have tanking issues PvE whereas most other classes can alleviate at least some of them.
    When was the last time you had to used beserk fearimmunity in PvE tanking when the rest of the grp/raid wasnt feared as well?
    As long as BLZ refuse to disable some talents fully or partly in PvE/PvP one thing had to go and BLZ thought it best to be the fear immunity instead of rood,poly,hex etc.

I wonder badly about which the last boss that solofeared a single, random grpmember (incl tank) was. You (and me, got druidtank alt) will take some damage when running around facing whatever direction but when BLZ nerf this they sure as hell will keep it in mind when designing encounters or tweaking them.
    For me, 99,9% of the times I had need of fear immunity was in PvP or just use in PvE as a quality of life, doubt I used it a single time as I-need-to-use-it-or-the-grp-wipe.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2010-12-29 at 03:15 AM.

I see a lot of whining from people who don't know how to deal with Feral druids. I have meet players who know how to pvp and will put up a damn good fight and usually wreck ferals, on the other hand if you don't know how to play you will get wrecked by a Feral druid and cry about their bleeds. We are best when we jump into a fight get our bleeds up and run away, if you can't snare/stun a druid then you are doing something wrong.

Two weeks after release I jumped a Hunter who I found out to be AFK, he was wearing full pvp armor and took me about a minute to kill. My rake/rip dots were critting for 3-4k and I had 18% mastery. There are far to many people here who jump into pvp wearing full pve gear and get wrecked by full pve ferals. I just can't wrap my head around people who complain about PvP while wearing PvE gear then cry bloody murder cause they got wrecked by someone who knew what they were doing. This is just like how Heroics are right now, everyone is so used to the game being a lot easier and thinking they can just jump into a Heroic because they meet ilvl requirement.

Now I am not saying that my personal experience is how it is in this game, but it is a counter-argument to those people who don't know how to play. I have PvP'd against other feral druids in pve gear and I haven't been wrecked by any (on my server, there are only maybe 2-3 decent ferals). If you nail your opener and manage to finish your CP and get a rip off and you aren't facing a Pally/Mage then you do stand a very good chance of winning, on the other hand if you manage to face a class that can stun (almost any class) and they get it off then you are pretty much boned. Feral Druids make very formidable opponents but more often than not if you got wrecked by one, you were more than likely playing a better than average player and that person with any other class would still wreck you.

tl;dr
    Ferals are in the standing to be very powerful damage dealers in the right persons hands, but like any other class if you know how to play you can deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doonie View Post
    You couldn't be more OFF the ball. you can't polymorph a kitty, and doesn't snare get removed when you switch forms?

Warriors get their asses kicked by mages because we get snared constantly and poly'd in arena.

Please, stop comparing yourself to another class and just realize you're OP.
    First of all, I'm not comparing myself to another class. I'm asking why, if fear immunity is such a game changer in PVP, are they not removing it from other classes? Oh, wait that's right, it's the fact that we have other CC immunities. Hold the phone!! This is breaking news! Oh, wait, no it's not. This was the case for all of Wrath too, right? Arenas and PVP were still going on in Wrath, no?

Berserk is on a 3 minute cooldown and glyphed lasts 20 seconds as pointed out by posters after myself. Do I agree that having 20 seconds of fear immunity is, perhaps a bit much? I pretty much made that case by pointing out that you can separate the 2 and reduce it's duration/effectiveness while leaving it available. Even if it was left linked to Berserk, but had a diminished value (3 or 5 seconds) it's on a 3 minute cooldown. As I pointed out, if we are considered OP suddenly, why is that? If you can show me an official Blizzard post from Wrath addressing the fact that berserk was OP because of the fact that druids were poly immune, had a snare breaking ability, and berserk was just soooo unfair, then you may have a point.

I rarely even PVP so I don't frankly give a shit if something affects that aspect of the game, but bleed nerfs AND fear immunity removal together are still, in my opinion, a bit much. So telling me I'm OP in PVP doesn't change my opinion whether true or not. Fix the bleeds, unlink Berserk and fear immunity from berserk, while leaving the mechanic available to us=problem solved.

Warlocks need more buffs in PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Warlocks need more buffs in PvP.
    Locks, priests and warriors can Fear...

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Locks, priests and warriors can Fear...
    Priest fear... np I trinket or get it dispelled its on CD.
    Warrior, I can trinket if badly needed. Its on CD.
    Only Lock fear is spammable... get it now?
    Last edited by Rapti; 2010-12-29 at 09:12 PM.