Thread: chimaeron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guild has just killed this on 25man and thought i'd share my experience.

We went with 7 healers.
    We assigned two healers to tank heal and the remaining 5 healers were each assigned a group to heal. As the healer in group 1 had two tanks in there and so two less targets to worry about, he also helped out on groups that had more than 3 people below 10k hp (which rng did sometimes)

The way i personally healed this fight was to keep lifebloom on the tank at all times, WG+Rejuv was enough to instantly take people above 10k hp. If both swiftmend and WG was on CD, i used Regrowth. Whenever CC proc'd, i used it on Regrowth. In Feud phase, we arranged a tranquility rotation between our 3 resto druids (a lot for one raid i know, but didn't have much other choices ;p) so that we would have one for each feud and just made sure to keep effloresence and wild growth of CD and also using ToL during that phase.

EDIT: Typo
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Deleted
    Interesting comments so far, thanks. However I am still having issues on this boss with our current healer set up and we wiped another 10 times or so. We seem to fail on feuds through basically lack of healing. Looking at the logs our resto druid seems to not be no where near the healing of the pala and myself during feuds except for when he pops tranq.

I cant post links yet but add the www to this if you wish to have a look. worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i0h8qs7favp1irep/sum/healingDone/?s=7837&e=8189

Can anyone see anything wrong with spell rotation there? I really want to give him some pointers if there is a problem. Its really getting to me now after 30 wipes or so and not much progress

Deleted
    If you post something like this it would help if you would attach some logs so we can see what exactly was going down. I started this fight yesterday aswell, I assinged our priest to take care of keeping the raid over 10k and that doesnt seem a problem for him. Though he has mana issue's aswell with that. I try to focus on healing the tanks and the after the massacre I put effloresence up and WG and do my best to heal every up as soon good as I can without burning up my mana.

Edit - we just received logs ;p

By the looks on the numbers my first impression is that you and your fellow healers are healing to much on phase 1.
    Last edited by mmoc9733a50d2c; 2011-01-04 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRich View Post
    Interesting comments so far, thanks. However I am still having issues on this boss with our current healer set up and we wiped another 10 times or so. We seem to fail on feuds through basically lack of healing. Looking at the logs our resto druid seems to not be no where near the healing of the pala and myself during feuds except for when he pops tranq.

I cant post links yet but add the www to this if you wish to have a look. worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i0h8qs7favp1irep/sum/healingDone/?s=7837&e=8189

Can anyone see anything wrong with spell rotation there? I really want to give him some pointers if there is a problem. Its really getting to me now after 30 wipes or so and not much progress
    Assignments all backwards. Tell the paladin to stop sucking it up and heal raid which he is much more efficient at spot healing with beacon still going on tanks. Meanwhile the druid can break his nourish key keeping 3 lifeblooms and rejuv on tank, wild growth off tank, HT + swiftmend for double strikes. Spam cheap and efficient on tank so you have mana for when needed for feud. Treeform lifebloom blanket first feud, barkskin tranq second, treeform dps at end.

Seems like lots of "overhealing" as it's 4million more healing than us killing him. Heal fast and early at start of feuds, heal enough to keep above 10k at end of feud(not healing your heart out the entire duration). Feud is 15secs casting then 3 waves of poison volley(30k ish 10man) at 5 sec intervals.

It would seem to me that perhaps you are stuck in the past with druids automatically assigned to raid heal. The reality is that druids are now better tank healers as the strength of our spells relies on hots and we realistically can't keep hots up on multiple targets anymore. If I were you, I would look at reassigning roles and see how that plays out.

We were druid, shaman and priest (10 man).
    We just ended up with following assignment: Shaman uses his flashheal if someone dropped to 1 hp in group 1, and his "normal" heal to help healing people in group 2. I (as druid) used regrowth if someone dropped in group 2, and nourish for group 1. The priest was mainly on the tanks.
    For first massacre I turned tree, it will be up again after the second AE phase to heal another massacre (and it will be up again to nuke with wrath ^^)
    The other massacres we healed "normally" with our AE heals WG/Healing Rain/CoL (and lightwell did a great part).
    The first AE I used tranquility, the second AE our boomkin used tranq, and the third a shadow and the holy priest cast hymn.

This worked perfectly, I still had 25% mana left when we reached p2.

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    It would seem to me that perhaps you are stuck in the past with druids automatically assigned to raid heal. The reality is that druids are now better tank healers as the strength of our spells relies on hots and we realistically can't keep hots up on multiple targets anymore. If I were you, I would look at reassigning roles and see how that plays out.
    Druids still suck at tank heal, IF the fight requires to switch the tanks. It takes too long and costs too much mana to reapply our hots on the new tank if he takes major damage in this phase. We need something like a affli lock, where we can take our hots from one target to another.

Anyone feels like the druids were the only class screwed on the flash heal ability, or burst healing in general. On topic I found out that the best way for me to heal the spits is to cast rejuv a bit in advance on people I am generally assigned to heal. The spell not only heals people when needed in combination with wild growth but it can also help if they get spitted in a row for no mana cast. Ofc you might have to cast rg once in a while but it's better than just spamming it. As for feuds atm me and the other resto druid(QQ worst setup for this boss wtb pala) are tranq the first 2 phases with tol eatch so we can aoe heal and on the 3rd one we just use hs and lw+bandages if we are low on mana. Missing our pala sure turned this into an ugly fight. The key is helping one another and for dps to use stuff like deathstrike to help out

My guild does Chimaeron 10 man with a Holy Priest, Resto Shaman, Resto Druid healer set. We have me (the R. Druid) to full time tank healing during the main phase. The priest is responsible for keeping the raid over 10k. And the Shaman alternates between healing the tank during double attacks, and raid healing during Massacre.

During the stack phase, the priest is responsible for one group, the shaman is responsible for the other group, and I heal both. About 10 seconds before the stack phase, I go into tree and start spreading LB across the raid. Obviously continuing to stack LB during the stack phase and regrowthing on OOC procs, and wildgrowthing and swiftmending on cooldown. This accounts for a significant amount of my healing.

Then its rinse and repeat. On the second stack phase, I use tranquility.

One thing healers must keep in mind is use discipline when healing. If they are over 10k don't waste your mana. If you are tank healing, don't panic when you see the tank drop low. Just keep your hots rolling on him and spam Nourish. As long as he is over 10k, there is no point in freaking out and blowing your mana pool to top him off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids can be great at raid healing. You shouldn't write dismiss that role from them as we are perfectly able to hot up multiple targets AS LONG as we don't spam. Rejuv should still be in your top 3 healing spells and considering the amount that it heals it is great to use as long as it doesn't overheal. Wild Growth is also very good, healing one target the same that a Nourish would heal them (except it is healing 5 at the same time)

I'm not saying we can't tank heal, ofc we can and we do a good job. But saying druids are not strong raid healers is silly.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe