Poll: Shadowfury for all?

shadowfury for all?

From a PvP perspective.

With all the changes to existing classes, would shadowfury for all really be that big of a deal? It's a 3 second stun making it very short (just like our other "stun" .. deathcoil .. ) and I think it could end up being what warlocks need for pvp as well as not having to be destro for stuns in pve.

With all of the possible ways to remove fear, the short duration of deathcoil and the only way to hide being a premeditated portal, should all warlocks have the ability to stun regardless of spec to allow time to LOS or set up dots/fears?

With druids and shamans able to swap to cat/ghost wolf, holy palys with their sprint/freedom, priests with their anti-fear, it would help set up some offense on healers and hey, if they do get rid of mana drain we need some sort of edge on them.

This isn't a qq thread from some noob being owned in PvP, these are my thoughts and am wondering if anybody else feels that this should be. Would it really be any worse then ring of frost? No, because it has a shorter duration .

If not this .. then bring back tainted blood! Warlock pets get simply stomped by most melee and even with 3 instant casts .. it is often not enough.
    Last edited by Stingray0011; 2010-12-29 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    Warlock pets get simply stomped by most melee and even with 3 instant casts .. it is often not enough.
    Pets share your resilience, grab more. And if anything you still have options to bring it back as any spec.
    warlocks need for pvp as well as not having to be destro for stuns in pve
    You don't need everyone to have stuns in PvE, in fact usually Tank handles it, and there also have to be some reason not to bring caster in every DPS slot.
    Also you realise that with this kind of stun Affliction would be completly challengeless spec?

Aye they do share resilience, but this early on, you'd think being at 2300 resil would start to show a little bit at least ..

The fact that it would possibly be useful in pve would be an extra bonus, wotlk fights such as Saurfang, it wouldn't be a game breaking ability for pve since as you said, tanks usually handle it.

As for making affliction a "challengeless" spec, all it would really do is give us a chance to get a setup going, similar to a rogue using sap first then getting his open. This would allow us to have that sort of start up, by getting some dots rolling or a fear off before being stunned all to hell.

Right now tanks get most of the stuns. But depends on what tanks your guild have. Granted we have not done much of Cata raids yet due to the holidays but in Wrath we relied on the locks a lot due to the fact we mainly ran with Pally tanks. Had only 1 active warrior that some times could not always make it, and a feral tank for us is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

So I can see where he is coming from for PvE. PvP not so sure. I dont PvP as much as I did in classic and BC. The rare WSG and now Twin Peaks.

Yeah this is mostly a post regarding PvP, I'll edit that in there.

I voted yes only because I love shadowfury and it's the only thing I miss about destruction. In reality though, I highly doubt it would be good for the game overall. We are still pretty strong in pvp and this would cause nothing but QQ and lead to nerfs in other areas.

NO. I'm an affliction lock and we're too OP as is! We need nerfs, not buffs! Shadowfury is argued to be in the top 5 most useful PVP utility spells around, Affliction does NOT need this. Destro needs a buff, don't buff demo and affliction- they're in a wonderful place as is.