Poll: Are most tanks Paladins?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I saw a few warrior tanks whenever i dps on my alt but personally im a pally tank so i dont know much on the dps side of view

9/10 LFD heroics I do are with a DK tank, surprisingly it's me

Bears are rare when I'm on my pally healing, otherwise the tanks are almost balanced.

I'm a druid tank myself and pretty much tanked my way through leveling. However I haven't seen many druid tanks esp. at 85 in my server. The majority seem to be DKs or Paladins.

I'm a paladin tank ;-)

I've mostly seen warriors and druids, I actually don't think I've had a single DK tank.

BC started the prot pally trend. Once prot pallies started being known as great AoE tanks (heroic shattered halls, anyone?), then they were very popular 5-man tanks. I remember back in BC, my prot pally was in demand to tank heroics.

However, I think, in this case, I think it just comes down to a few simple things:
    - Leveling as holy is very hard.
    - Healing in general is harder than Wrath.
    - Ret's dps is random at best.
    - Prot spec makes it very easy to level.

i agree pallys are deserving of nerfing.. heh. but it is a herd spec to get to grips with, so i give them props for tanking at all, it's not nice, or easy.i have a feeling that prot is easier than holy or ret at the moment, and out of my guild, it's not the most popular class i've seen as a tank.

the healer i run with is a holy pally, and knows most of the instances; they just hit 1k VP's and is aiming to get the guild 'glory' achievements, but it's slow going.

i've noticed warrior tanks and druid tanks have been more prevalent, but i've done more tanking as a DK, so i'm sticking with it until i get past 340 avg gear,

right now it's just so soul-crushing to have to wait for DPS classes to CC pull. one at a time, then have 3 die at a time on a 4 person trash pull, etc.
    i think i just want a day where i can get a heroic done and not waste 100g in repairs.

i think this is the main reason why there's less tanks overall. not that there's less to do, but it's less reliable, since the group, makes the group work, not the tank. if your dps fails or the healer fails, the group wipes. damn if SFK wasn't a trial in horror, with 5 players and no dispel, i suffered through 45 instagib deaths, churned through 4 new DPS players, we only got the last boss after insisting the fresh lv85 enh shaman dispell.