Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I need one of those "It gets better" speeches

But mine needs to be for heroics.

I just got enough gear to be able to do heroics as a resto druid, and I'm finding it really hard to heal. I know it shouldn't be really simple, but I've only encountered nothing but wipes. Its horrendous. ONE accident, and everyone dies.

So please, tell me there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Tell me what its like. X.X

And apparently I can't edit my topic title, but *speeches

Quote Originally Posted by Andremelech View Post

I just got enough gear to be able to do heroics as a resto druid, and I'm finding it really hard to heal. I know it shouldn't be really simple, but I've only encountered nothing but wipes. Its horrendous. ONE accident, and everyone dies.

So please, tell me there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Tell me what its like. X.X
    Soon you'll have enough spirit and throughput to not go oom!

Deleted
    all i can say is Leave the resto side young jedi an Join the DARKSIDE >PALADINS<

Hey man, you just have to keep that head high. It DOES get better. You just have to spend your time wisely! Study smarter not harder, go check out a couple of sites that will help your healing rotation and what not. Elitistjerks is a very good site, just spend an hour looking over things that will save you days of agony and running back to your corpse.

Don't quit, beginning is always the hardest.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gear helps a lot. Once you get geared, mana isn't as much an issue, ASSUMING you are in fact using your correct spells and being a good little tree.

Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andremelech View Post

And apparently I can't edit my topic title, but *speeches
    It's shiny, and filled with purple loots. And smells like candy...

Ever heard of the light at the tunnel? Want that light? FORGET THE LIGHT! You'll soon break that tunnel! Take a bath in that light! Make that light your...! POWER er SPIRIT! Get that spirit, learn that rotation and not only will you fly through those heroics you BREAK THEM!

You're saying you "Just got enough gear". If you're feeling uncomfortable with your heals and your regen, don't be ashamed to go run reg 85s. You'll get rep, fill out lesser blues with 333 gear, and get more comfortable with a lot of the mechanics on the fights. Do not forget reputation gear. They are not "welfare epics" (at least not right now). Getting a couple 359 pieces really boosts what you can do.

Yes, it does get better. You get more comfortable with how cata healing works, how cata dungeons work in general. You get better gear, and in the end you'll find (I hope) that the new fights are more engaging and intelligent than what Wrath offered us.

Then in a few months the next tier of content will be out, t11 will become justice gear...and we'll be more or less roflstomping heroics.

What it's like? With guildrun it's total faceroll now, and soon it's gonna be that that easy in pugs to. Yes - they are boring again.

Can you explain how your rotation is going? What spec and gear you are using? I was in the same situation till I actually looked at my spells and talents and learned to play my class.

I just hit it today, got three randoms, and all went 3 or less wipes. I guess I either got lucky or the heroics were the easier ones. Which have you ran? I did VP GB and LC. All went fairly well and on the dragon boss in VP i let all the dps die, my mana couldnt handle the long fight and from 50% the tank and I solo'd him. I find it easy to keep 2 people alive rather than 5 Though that doesnt help my case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    You're saying you "Just got enough gear". If you're feeling uncomfortable with your heals and your regen, don't be ashamed to go run reg 85s. You'll get rep, fill out lesser blues with 333 gear, and get more comfortable with a lot of the mechanics on the fights. Do not forget reputation gear. They are not "welfare epics" (at least not right now). Getting a couple 359 pieces really boosts what you can do.

Yes, it does get better. You get more comfortable with how cata healing works, how cata dungeons work in general. You get better gear, and in the end you'll find (I hope) that the new fights are more engaging and intelligent than what Wrath offered us.

Then in a few months the next tier of content will be out, t11 will become justice gear...and we'll be more or less roflstomping heroics.
    Too true. Rep epics are NOT welfare. Just keep running regs until most of your gear is 333'd buy some JP 346's and run heroics!

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Wow, off-topic much? Sorry 'bout that. So uh, @OP, I would imagine it will get slightly better when more people learn that you can't just stand in fire anymore. You actually have to use your brain for heroics these days, you need to move, you need to interrupt, etc. Now, I'm not sure about you, but I can say for a fact that I've had several heroic runs that went terrible because people either refused to move, or were just too slow at reacting to these kinds of things.(And I'll be honest, once or twice I was the one who failed to react quick enough.)

Cleaning some things up... Don't mind me -Nye
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2010-12-29 at 06:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

I work it by trying to keep just the tank alive. Lifebloom 3 stack on tank. Nourish Spamming and rejuv/regrowth if I feel like it. Then using clear casting to keep the raid up by either Regrowth or Healing Touch. WG on CD and Swiftmend on tank with Rejuv.

There is a light in the tunnel!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU...... It was the train

On a serious note:
    The first few upgrades are the hardest ones. I healed heroics on my holypriest before the priestbuff with minor problems, and it soon became trivial.

I liked the part where a guy asked for encouragement and it devolved into trolling/flaming/offtopic instantly.

It does get better with heroics. Once you learn all the fights and can explain them to others (instead of nerd raging that people don't know something you once didn't) things get better. You'll get gear and be able to carry the people that are undergeared like you are now (instead of vote kicking noobs). It gets better.

10+ Year Old Account
    OT: I believe in you OP. Heroics are tough in low gear levels, but very very doable once you pick up a few upgrades. Just stick with it, be polite and understanding in groups, and you'll get there!

Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2010-12-29 at 06:19 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesra View Post
    Thank You. I was concerned no one could read. Let's please remove that discussion from this topic and get back to encouragin the OP.

OT: I believe in you OP. Heroics are tough in low gear levels, but very very doable once you pick up a few upgrades. Just stick with it, be polite and understanding in groups, and you'll get there!
    No problem bud. And as stated earlier, try to grind honour. The gear is great. And the pvp gear is good for your class too. These days, pve and pvp gear are almost intertwined.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have one thing left to say: Do runs with your guild, if you're not already. That might help a bit. From my experience, I can say that PuGs seem to be pretty harsh on healers, due to lack of coordination and what not.

@Patrickstarr, your avatar just made me realize I really need sleep. I could've sworn I just saw those two stick figure guys doing some kind of weird secret-hand-shake thing.

Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2010-12-29 at 06:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets