Commander Springvale now leashes, and runs mighty fast.

FYI.

And pugs everywhere wept. Make sure to bring your priest and ret paladin, now! Undead is fun to CC, imo.

I prefer interrupts and burning, but I guess that's pretty tough for some people.

The difficult part of this fight for me hasn't been the adds but the DPS requirement. Its literally impossible for low geared groups and is a cake walk for geared groups. Its not a huge deal since you can skip it, but its poor fight design imo. I never bothered with pulling him into the hallway, although I do hate the cramped camera angles of his room.

we pull him into the courtyard Repent and Turn Evil Ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Tentei View Post
    we pull him into the courtyard Repent and Turn Evil Ftw
    that^ it bugs the adds and you just have to kill the first set of adds which are already at the sides of the boss. and then pew pew, dps boss you win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    that^ it bugs the adds and you just have to kill the first set of adds which are already at the sides of the boss. and then pew pew, dps boss you win.
    You guys realize that is exactly what the OP was talking about?

Leash = run back/evade/reset if you go too far from spawn point.
    Runs like hell = you cant outrun him, so only way to do it would be using a pet, but oh wait, he leashes.

No more fail groups glitching the boss.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Skip him or kill him, Im glad they fixed this TBH. Its a challenging fight and exploiting in this fashion is just cheesy IMO.

it's not like this boss was ever hard...

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No... he doesn't. Kited him to the courtyard last night to get his achievement. BTW, leashing means that the boss can be kited far away from his spawn point. If you meant that he could not be kited in that manner, then you mean that the boss had leashing turned off.

Deleted
    We just use 1 hunter trap with the guild. Burn down the set of adds already up and have a trap on 1 side of the room so the add entering gets trapped straightaway. Burn down non-trapped add then trapped one...back to boss. 2nd set of add just burn down the loose one and leave the trapped one and nuke boss. Should go down before trap expires.
    Last edited by mmoc91fe476a90; 2010-12-31 at 05:12 AM.

we got the achieve the first time we fought him. then glitched him every time after.

now we're gonna skip him.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    No... he doesn't. Kited him to the courtyard last night to get his achievement. BTW, leashing means that the boss can be kited far away from his spawn point. If you meant that he could not be kited in that manner, then you mean that the boss had leashing turned off.
    Sadly, but no. Leashing means the mob is leashed to its spawn point (or patrol route or whatever) and cannot be dragged (too far) away from it. It DOESN'T mean that players can "leash" the mob (and drag it away as far as they like). Or at least I'm guessing that's what you meant, since it's the only way I could make sense of your post.

Deleted
    Haven't they fixed it so you have to kill all bosses now to have the doors to the last boss unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    BTW, leashing means that the boss can be kited far away from his spawn point. If you meant that he could not be kited in that manner, then you mean that the boss had leashing turned off.
    I don't know how you can get such a simple concept so backwards, but when a mob "leashes" it means he is stuck to a certain area that he cannot leave. If you try to drag him out, he returns to his original spot. Like a dog leashed in a yard.

10+ Year Old Account
    People had to bug this fight to beat it?

Hell, even the pugs I've been in haven't had a single issue with this boss.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Deleted
    We pulled him all the way to the entrance which was fun, easy achievement then. :O