10+ Year Old Account

Shaman healing help!

Doing Magmaw attempts in BWD tonight, and I noticed I was only doing half the healing as the other Shaman healer and we have almost identical gear and we are always on par.

I'm not sure whats going on, and I'm doing what I've always done that has worked. Any tips?
    Today I was hanging out with my boyfriend after school. It was his birthday and I undressed and laid in his bed naked. I blindfolded myself and told him he can do anything he wants to me. 30 minutes later I took off the blindfold to find him sitting at his computer playing World of Warcraft. His friends needed him. FML

Deleted
    Did you kill the boss? If so meters don't really matter, right?

Anyhow, maybe your team mate was just picking his targets better pushing your heals into overheal? It's hard to say what spells to use, when and where but my advice would be to use as much AoE / Group healing as possible. I've noticed from my own attempts that someone ALWAYS gets owned by the Pillar of Flame... (there's just so many graphic garbage on the ground that's nearly impossible to see the warning texture for it) so you might want to pop healing rain wherever the Pillar of Flame will appear and precast chain heal on who's standing near. As always, don't forget to Riptide, Unleash Weapon and make CH bounce off the person with Riptide.

Most likely you were overhealing where he wasn't.

If it wasn't that, then ask the other shaman how he picks his spells. Doesn't hurt to try, and usually people will give you advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholysentry View Post
    Doing Magmaw attempts in BWD tonight, and I noticed I was only doing half the healing as the other Shaman healer and we have almost identical gear and we are always on par.

I'm not sure whats going on, and I'm doing what I've always done that has worked. Any tips?
    What you always been doing in cataclysm, right?

Its rather impossible for anyone to tell you what your doing wrong with the information you gave and the one you should be asking is the other shaman. Also looking at recount/skada to see which spells you've been using the most versus what the other shamans been using the most. Overhealing shouldn't be an issue now unless you just suck at healing or got really bad latency. Another thing that could but him on top is if he's the designated raid-healer and you're tankhealing.