dark intent for your pets?

so i was questing today and thought wow spells cast slow so i thought hey lets di my pet well i did and it worked? thought this was interesting thought id post it

this isnt new, its used by alot of people when they are soloing. only wish i was a high enough level to get it lol, started my lock 4 days ago and im up to lvl 60 so i hope it will be soon =P

depending on your spec i hear doing it on your imp as destro = some nice uptime if your in a heroic with no dot class.

Deleted
    You'll get the 3% haste, sure, no problem. 3% makes a -very- small difference in casting times. Less than .21 for Shadow Bolt, if my testing is correct. The issue is the stacking X% from critical dots/hots.

As far as I am aware the only pet DoT currently is Burning Embers. Like Meliancill said, if you're Destro it might be a nice idea, if you use your imp in soloing.

However, I think Burning Embers might count as your own DoT in recount so it might not be a good example (either being overwritten by a SF BE and just refreshed by imp or because it's one of your talents, might be wrong). Don't expect, though, to ever see the stacking bonus outside of a dungeon/raid/group.

Burning Embers counts as your own DoT, not as your Imp's DoT. None of our pets can proc or benefit from the extra periodic damage, so casting DI on your pet is really only something to do when soloing.

i know i would never use it in a raid and i never knew you could put it on your pet for soloing

It makes your imp cast faster, by that I mean it removes that irritating pause between each cast.
    Go try it, it's identical to spamming "/cast [pet:imp] Firebolt" on macro abilities.

When I last tried it, it was at least a 300dps gain, not much in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    You'll get the 3% haste, sure, no problem. 3% makes a -very- small difference in casting times. Less than .21 for Shadow Bolt, if my testing is correct. The issue is the stacking X% from critical dots/hots.

As far as I am aware the only pet DoT currently is Burning Embers. Like Meliancill said, if you're Destro it might be a nice idea, if you use your imp in soloing.

However, I think Burning Embers might count as your own DoT in recount so it might not be a good example (either being overwritten by a SF BE and just refreshed by imp or because it's one of your talents, might be wrong). Don't expect, though, to ever see the stacking bonus outside of a dungeon/raid/group.
    -0.21s is a lot! i notice haste changes since all movement is based around casting for me. burning embers does not stack DI just to confirm

Quote Originally Posted by Velocet View Post
    burning embers does not stack DI just to confirm
    Of course it doesn't, it can't crit.