Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post
    How's that hit gear and staff working out for ya or did EJ tell you that also?
    Just because he is using hit gear doesn't mean that he is bad. At this stage it might just be that he did not get the drops that he needed and those were better than what he was using. My wand is the one from HBRC with hit on it because I can't get another to drop. He may also just be using it because he was questing right before he logged out.

Also, I prefer Heartsong because the regen really is needed at this point. Plus I really dislike throughput procs. I may go to power torrent at a later stage but for now I'll stick with what I have.
    Last edited by Alice; 2010-12-29 at 07:03 PM.

right now throughput is fine imo, i'd go for heartsong unless you already have 5k+ combat regen without any procs, at which point i think regen should be valuable as it is before.

plus, i find heartsong being up extremely often, to the point i almost consider it as a permanent +200spi enchant.

Heartsong has like 100% up time, you'd be crazy not to take advantage of that. It even procs when the lightwell gets clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubacuda View Post
    And you seem to lack knowledge on the staff so I don't waste my time arguing about it.
    What's there to argue. Since enchanting introduced the +100int to offhands (instead of just a shield), there is no reason to choose a staff over MH/OH since they offer very close to the same primary stats. Unless you can magically come up with 100 intellect (which is 100SP and 1500mana) I'm intrigued to hear your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr View Post
    What's there to argue. Since enchanting introduced the +100int to offhands (instead of just a shield), there is no reason to choose a staff over MH/OH since they offer very close to the same primary stats. Unless you can magically come up with 100 intellect (which is 100SP and 1500mana) I'm intrigued to hear your argument.
    Then comes the challenge of finding a weapon drop and then a off-hand, both with spirit and stats you need, like haste.
    I find I'd rather the staff with the huge bonus to haste than a main-hand and an off-hand most likely with crit or mastery[not a bad stat, I'm more focused on haste atm].
    He is using what he has. not all of us have amazing luck with drops and are stuck with what we can get.

This is a thread about Heartsong vs Hurricane. Not a discussion on what you think about a person's gear.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Scubacuda View Post
    If anyone is serious about Holy raiding they should consult the EJ compendium. It is where I did all my consultation to get where I am now.

http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110245-...st_compendium/
    I would not blindly just go with whatever an EJ Compendium-type post says to do. While the majority of the information you're going to find is accurate and of a high-quality, you will occasionally see some dubious claims, and because of the way these articles are presented, you're not going to know if and what controversy might exist. It's always better to find out for sure by looking at the maths behind specific questions yourself.

In short, the Compendiums are a good starting point for getting your toon on the right path, but it's not appropriate for answering very specific theorycrafting questions.

The best answer to the OP is to definitely go with Heartsong. Regen procs are almost always useful, where Haste procs may or may not be useful. If you find yourself lacking Haste and are willing to trade regen for it, stick with Heartsong and reforge or regem for more Haste instead because it will at least provide consistent and dependable throughput rather than a proc.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I would not blindly just go with whatever an EJ Compendium-type post says to do. While the majority of the information you're going to find is accurate and of a high-quality, you will occasionally see some dubious claims, and because of the way these articles are presented, you're not going to know if and what controversy might exist. It's always better to find out for sure by looking at the maths behind specific questions yourself.

In short, the Compendiums are a good starting point for getting your toon on the right path, but it's not appropriate for answering very specific theorycrafting questions.
    kinda think the same, i don't like to use said spec because X is using it in Y forum and said it roxx, rather i like to try differents things on my own and later on see what's said here and there to make a comparison.

i got my own tastes and ways to play my priest, and while i certainly admit they're a good source of information, nothing's worth actual practice to perfect your playstyle, adapt your spec depending on what weaknesses you may have noticed earlier or a talent that doesn't have as much use as expected etc. (take Rapid Renewal for ex for those who never spam Renew)