Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If you think you are good as a clicker... think how good you would be using keybindings. And the part about people paying money for the game and letting them do what they want... sure, if its a single player game! This is a mmo and your actions affect others. But if you are good as a clicker. Good for you. Just dont do pvp, you will ruin the game for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    playing the game nearly 5 years now healed as a clicker(was a paladin so didnt need much spells anyhows lol)i,m still a clicker but after reading this i,ve noticed i use keybinds even if its the 1 to 9 keypads etc at present i dont pvp so i use a mix of keybinds and clicking works for me .

some of the people that seem to srpout the i hate clickers are pvp monsters and in a way you need to keybind for serious pvp it seems as by the time you clicked in arena the opposing team has used and abused your body your team and shaved the cat too.but also something has to be said about clicking and peoples playstyle muscle memory is important knowing instinctly where that bubble button is or where i put me taunt button etc counts for mroe than a keybind to flex and teabag your newly downed opponent .

So yes i could play much better if i keybind but i dont and i,m doing quite well these 5 years if i struggle due to lack of keybinding i,ll put more effort into learning it but at present i,m in my own happy clicking heaven.
    Faith Manages

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    Clicking is the last thing i want in my raids/dungeons. Only one reason why and its the only reason i need; A clicker can fuck so many things up in a raid. A clicker often keyboard turns aswell making them incapable of moving from shit thats easy to move from for example.
    And how do they screw up? What makes them less capable than key binders?

First of all, excuse my bad english, it's not mi mother language and it's a bit rusty nowadays...
    Well I have to agree to some extent to both sides. I'm half way in between, right now I'm tanking and I need to bind certain abilities, I can't aford to waste an extra second when poping a cooldown, that second may be the diference between living or dying. Event though I click certain abilities that I don't use very often, like buffs, hand of salvation, avenging wrath, bigger heals that I will only use out of combat to bring mi life back up... the rest is binded.
    I try to use macros that allow me to have multiple abilities in one single keybind since my hands are really small and I have problems reaching binds like alt+anynumber, Im'm a grown man it's just that my hands are really small, so I feel I loose mobility while i press this kind of binds (I need to remove my finguers from the movement keys and as a tank i strafe a lot I move forward and backward with mi mouse but not strafing).
    Mi whole point is, I would love to play kenbinded as it even requires me less concentration, but sadly not everybody's anatomy or habilitie accepts it. Me and my guild have found out I perform mutch better having only the basics binded and if it takes an extra second to some non-vital abilities to be pressed there's no big deal.

Deleted
    Clicking is the last thing i want in my raids/dungeons. Only one reason why and its the only reason i need; A clicker can fuck so many things up in a raid. A clicker often keyboard turns aswell making them incapable of moving from shit thats easy to move from for example.
    another common misconception, all blizzard fight mechanics are made with enough time for a keyboard turned to walk away and run it just requires them to be alert. really the only place keyboard turning is deadly is pvp.

But don't get me wrong I am strongly against using S to go back :P

This thread is just asking to be locked. People around here especially cannot respect other playstyles and will degrade anyone who does so differently than the popular norm regardless of how much it's only their opinion (though they state it as fact) or how successful someone else is (in light of so-called facts). Not limited to clicking but it is ironically the first thing they'll click on to attack other players with.

Really? There are a number of things I would like in my raid/dungeon less than a clicker. A Tank in a DPS spec. Healers with no mana regen. DPS that cant/wont cc. 12 year olds. People with broken gear. An Enh Shaman with a two hander. Players significantly over the hit cap. Unenchanted/gemmed players. People that regularly AFK. Abusive players.

Guess a good clicker is worse than all of that to some...

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Also, if you play WoW purely for PvP, you're playing the wrong game.
    Can you elaborate that statement?
    How are you different then the other people saying "clicking is fine, but keybinding is better"?
    I play this game purely for pvp, I do pve content to a certain degree of getting an item I might need to be more viable in pvp.

If you can find another game topping as much as WoW in gameplay and not caring too much of graphics, feel free to share. MMORPG ofc

OT: Personally I think keybinding is better, really. It's facts, your reaction time gets better. I'd love to actually believe what all of you have to say "I click and I'm top *****" "I click and people say all the time I'm the best *****", but I've yet to see someone actually react fast enough in some situations when clicking. If you could show me a video where you think you really are ace, I will find an other video showing someone keybinded and doing the job better.

Edit: Typo
    Last edited by Swaggah; 2010-12-29 at 08:22 AM.

Clicking is bad and you should feel bad if you're a clicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm a clicker, i tried to keybind but i just couldnt do it, made me worse then what i was used to. so i'm staying as a clicker : /
    also i'm not a keyboard turner, i use my mouse cause its alot faster XD

Clickers should burn in hell. You are a drain on the community.

Clicking in wow is like riding a bike on the street when you can afford a luxury sedan.

All obnoxiousness aside please take the more stable-minded people's advice and use keys/keybindings.

It boils down to this, if you use clicking and are GOOD at wow, then use keybinds and you will become GREAT.

choosing to be a subpar player when you obviously have the ability to be better means that you are selfish and wish to remain in your perfect world where you think clicks are faster than keys. It will catch up to you. You will wipe a raid someday.

Someday when you quit and come back to wow for the fifth time you will look back on your former self in disgust at how you ever played as a clicker.

this is an inevitability.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I don't mean to be rude or anything, but how does one click, and heal a raid?
    Healbott works for me. From Kara to ICC, got the job done very well. TBH, I don't know how you heal WITHOUT clicking.

When I deeps I use bindings. Each to their own though. Besides, 99% of players, clickers or otherwise, are good enough without trying to be super skillful. It's a game, not an elite sport. My 10s group raided twice a week for three hours a night and cleared everything on heroic - be it getting Bane done two weeks before the xpac. What's the advantage of doing it earlier? Then we'd have nothing to do.

---------- Post added 2010-12-29 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post

Clicking in wow is like riding a bike on the street when you can afford a luxury sedan.

All obnoxiousness aside please take the more stable-minded people's advice and use keys/keybindings.

It boils down to this, if you use clicking and are GOOD at wow, then use keybinds and you will become GREAT.

choosing to be a subpar player when you obviously have the ability to be better means that you are selfish and wish to remain in your perfect world where you think clicks are faster than keys. It will catch up to you. You will wipe a raid someday.

Someday when you quit and come back to wow for the fifth time you will look back on your former self in disgust at how you ever played as a clicker.

Some people like to ride though....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vok View Post
    TBH, I don't know how you heal WITHOUT clicking.
    I use mouse-over macros, and that has doubled my healing efficiency.

Aaand this what I call being constructive...
    /sarcasm off

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got very little abilities key binded, clicking most abilities and have been doing fine so far. Tanked fine back in TBC, did LK on several toons clicking and it's working out for Cata aswell.

My guild never knew untill i played at a friends house (he was RL) and he was suprised and impressed ^^ Besides, a fast mouse helps!

keybind might be faster/better than clicking, at the beginning the 1 you always did will always be better.
    its not like you will be great the second you change to keybinds.

i was sort of keybinding when i played healer in lich king and went good. but on my rogue i just cant manage to get my rotation right with keybinds, always hit the wrong keys or press them to early.
    still when i click im 1 of the top dpsers in my guild, sure you can say the others suck but i still find it quite funny to see me as a clicker in the top 3 and keybinders below me.

but as the OP said, its your own game and you may choose how you wanna play.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    I use mouse-over macros, and that has doubled my healing efficiency.
    So you have macros tied to you mouse so when you hover over the raid frame your heal will depend on what mouse button you click? Kinda like Healbot?

10+ Year Old Account
    right on. He pays, he can play however he wants.

Clickers are the people who keyboard turn because they can't use their mouse to do it. These people I do not enjoy playing with even if they can click their abilities good, because they usually SUCK at PvP (as evident by people admitting it in this thread), and they die to stupid shit in raids because their reaction time is 10 times slower. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, because I've led many raids and I've talked with people who caused wipes, and many times they tell me they're clickers.

That said, it's your play style and you're free to do it. Just realize you're hindering your gaming by playing that way.

A clicking player can't, and never will be able to be as effective and good player as someone who doesn't click. That's simple fact, and no one can deny that (people who do should learn to think logically). That being said, it doesn't mean that you can't be a good PvE player and still click. For many fights in PvE you can click and still play effective, but there is no downside to not clicking, anywhere, anytime so I don't see the reason for doing it. I have all my stuff binded and I don't show any actionbar at all so that frees up some space even.

This post sums it up pretty well:
    Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    Clicking is like playing football with weights on your ankles. You may be decent, but you are gimping yourself for no reason
    Last edited by Zheryn; 2010-12-29 at 08:38 AM.