Thread: Warlocks 1v1?

15+ Year Old Account

Smile Warlocks 1v1?

Hey, I wanted to get my dust-covered lvl 70 warlock to 85 now, mainly for pvp purposes. How are warlocks in a duel-like situations now? Those 1v1 which often happen during random BGs, you know
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

bliz said that pvp will never be based around 1v1 so you will prob dominate some classes while be served on a plate to others...
    don't pvp on my lock alt so i couldn't tell you anything more

15+ Year Old Account
    pretty sweet as demolock, although i prefer affliction, but if my oponent isn´t uber skilled i survive with about 50%/50% hp/mana ... well some classes are a pain in the a.. but it is was it is
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

IMO due to our lack of hard defensive cooldowns we get shafted by the "not balanced around 1v1" bit. we are a great class to pvp with , just not so much in 1v1 when (generally) you will have all of your CD's, and when compared to a class that can avoid combat all together mid-fight it can be hard to maintain that offensive pressure. Not like when in arena where using these cooldowns exposes your partner.

so if you just want to duel, don't roll warlock, theres plenty of other classes that do the job of 1v1 better than we can, hands down.

but yea, demo is, again IMO the best spec to 1v1 as, or quest as if you are expecting a ganker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Putting your felguard on someone and running away actually works quite well , people are usually down to 50% before they realise they are being beat up.

In the open, warriors and perhaps rogues will beat you w/o problems but you would probably roll over everything else. If it's somewhere with a pillar (think nagrand arena) you should probably beat everything w/o any problems, gl with your warlock

EDIT: RNG frost mages will rape you, gz enjoy your frustration.

Deleted
    i alwyas get my ass owned by dk's xP

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Ward is your friend.

R.I.P. YARG

The main class I'm having issues with in both PvP and duels is Warriors (as Affliction). Even at 3000 resilience, they still take me apart. It feels like I have no options against them. If I teleport or kite, I'm just setting them up for free stuns with charge/intercept (which they never run out of...). If I try to Drain tank them, I just eat interrupt after interrupt and I can't keep up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Curse of Exhaustion or Conflag Daze are mandatory, as well as staying in the 30-40 yard range. Charge/Intercept have a 25-30 yard range, with heroic leap being the full 40 but having a 1 minute cooldown.

Try to use Seduction and Teleport to stay in the 40 yard range while keeping dots up. Force an early Berserker Rage so you can get the space and make him think about spamming that button. Force an early Heroic Leap too.

Really its about nuking the crap out of him before he kills you - have your healer help and focus on cc'ing his healer.

R.I.P. YARG