Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question Minimal damage required in heroic dungeons for DPS / or kick.

Hi guys,

I've been running some heroics lately and run few times into a problem with overall dps of my group. What you think is the minimal requirement for DPS player to have on BOSS before you kick him?

Last time i've kicked a mage who performed around 3k dps on a boss fights.

PS: I know dps is not everything, but in some encounters you simple fail: - not enought dps to bring ads down, or fight take too long and your quite good healer runs out of mana.

I dinged 85 on my rogue and was doing 11k on bosses. When I got 85 on my shaman, i was doing 10k.

Asking for 7k or more isn't unreasonable.

Deleted
    8-10k dps is a reasonable requirement for someone who has the ilvl to queue into a heroic in the first place.

Around 5-6k, give or take.

Except for more healing intensive fights, so the dps will have be able to down the boss so the healer doesn't become OOM. I'd prefer about 7k then.

Well, depends a lot on the fight and the class/spec but once you're geared for hc's you should be seeing 7-8k on many/most fights, unless the person in speak has screwed up gearing or spec or just don't know the encounter and fails at delivering max dps for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    anything under 9k dps is unacceptable imo. players should know by some margin how to dps now. most classes in wow are so easy to play
    all it requires is a 10 min EJ Look over . but then again some players are just bad.

Saw a dk today in baradin Hold he did 4k dps.. kicked immediatly everyone else as dps was 10+ i was at 12k lock at 15k and hunter about 16.5k
    Last edited by Unoriginal; 2010-12-29 at 12:02 PM. Reason: :F

Any class (apart from a few gimped specs) that can enter a random HC, that isnt doing at least 9k on a boss is obviously doing something wrong, everything below that is unacceptable.

Deleted
    7k+ imo, sure lower can work out fine if the other two dps are at 10k+ but every dps should try maximizing their dps when it comes to heroics, not bothering is being lazy and disrespectful to the rest of the group.

Deleted
    I think that 7k+ is okey, but if a player makes a bit less but intterupts a lot of the spells and other things its okey

Knowing the fight mechanics and doing the right thing > DPS

Thats a lovely 12k your doing sir, but would you mind moving out of the fire? your making our healer go OOM....

You cant just go around and call everyone under X bad, because in some fights its just not possible. You have to dps adds, move out of stuff, maybe even kite. And depending on your class/spec it can really gimp your dps.

All your doing is putting this idea in the "bads" heads that if they see these numbers, initiate vote kick.

What if I have to kite an add and keep another one CC'd. That would really mess with my dps. But I would be helping the group enormously by keeping those two out of the fight. And then because one of the dps metermaids read anyone below X is bad on some forums, they try to kick me?

8-9k Isnt unreasonable, but keep in mind the fight and what else that person is doing (Interrupting, kiting, ect) And if they are staying alive... 5k dps over 3 minutes > 12k dps for the first 20 seconds.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Deleted
    Anything under 8-9k is unacceptable. 8k on bosses where you gotta move a lot and switch to adds, up to 11k on fights where you can more or less focus on DPSing.

My 1st heroic was BRC and as a surv hunter I was doing up to 13500 on the bosses in mostly green gear which wouldnt even allow me to enter LFD (I had some cloth pieces in the bag and stuff to make it through).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to see any reason to kit in any heroic. As for interupting thats fine, cause frankly interupting isnt gonna make us lose 4k dps....
    Where did u get these notions?
    As for fire. i dont stand in it.unless on my dk for runic power.
    And for Trash no one cares about numbers... i only care if they are doing less than 9-8k on a straight forward fight, which is basically all of them,.

Some people here really exaggerating; asking 9-10k for a heroic? Absurd, really it is absurd. They can be completed with so much less as has been proven and therefor the requirement simple doesn't meet 9-10k.

I have been in a heroic where the overall combined dps was around 24k dps and we completed it without a wipe. Yes if a dpser isn't doing more than 3k dps, something is wrong and you better tell him to do normals instead, but asking over 9k for a non tank and spank fight like say... Ozruk (the second last boss in Stonecore) is crazy. I am not saying it can't be done with an avg iLvL 329, because Survival Hunters seem to do this without even trying, but expecting every class to do this is wrong.

Both of my freshly dinged lvl 85 chars were doing around 11-14k depending on the boss with blue & green gear. I'd say anything below 8k is too low.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    Knowing the fight mechanics and doing the right thing > DPS

Thats a lovely 12k your doing sir, but would you mind moving out of the fire? your making our healer go OOM....

You cant just go around and call everyone under X bad, because in some fights its just not possible. You have to dps adds, move out of stuff, maybe even kite. And depending on your class/spec it can really gimp your dps.

All your doing is putting this idea in the "bads" heads that if they see these numbers, initiate vote kick.

What if I have to kite an add and keep another one CC'd. That would really mess with my dps. But I would be helping the group enormously by keeping those two out of the fight. And then because one of the dps metermaids read anyone below X is bad on some forums, they try to kick me?

8-9k Isnt unreasonable, but keep in mind the fight and what else that person is doing (Interrupting, kiting, ect) And if they are staying alive... 5k dps over 3 minutes > 12k dps for the first 20 seconds.
    You're dead right, but what i think most people here are talking about is people who just dont get over that ammount regardless of which fight.

Luckily i dont pug very often at all, but a few times we'd need 1 more dps and we'd pug one through the DF, and even with minimal exposure to DF pugs in this expac, i've come across people who couldnt break 5k even on a boss like (the first boss of VP hc, cant think of his name right now), so unless they've literally dinged right before they joined the party, there's really no excuse for that. Not that we ever kicked them as we had enough dps to get through. And i wouldnt kick anyone who just dinged unless they were stopping the party from progressing.

i just do 8kish dps

still my que is faster then yours as a tank so i dps more often hahahah

10+ Year Old Account
    i exspect around 5k+ tho i only kick people if they do less than 4k dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    10k+
    For me anything bellow is a kick

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Deleted
    9k+ is imo with heroic gear already, 7k should be doable with questgear, 6k if you run pvp spec in questgear (yes i tried)

as a rogue i do 10k with pve spec on heroic bosses, 8-9k on trash, about 1,5 k less with pvp spec (got mostly heroic items ) -values unbuffed and without heroism /time warp
    can go up to 12-13k with buffs and timewarp

although: i can go down to 5-6k dps if there are weak mobs and caster dps aoe them before my stuff even starts to work

I try to do guild groups, but usually end up with 2 or 3 guildies and a random. If that random isn't doing at least 8k dps he's out. If it's a healer or tank and they fail they're out aswell. Unless of course they're willing to listen to what we're saying. If they are, we'll give them second chances.

Elitist? Not really, I give people who want to learn a chance. People who doesn't want to learn I have no respect or tolerance for at all.