Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Was the 20k traveler's mammoth worth it in wrath? No, of course not. But there were tons of them on every server. People like vanity things like mounts and pets and achievements. Achievements are the best thing Blizz ever came up with to get people to keep playing. If youre casual and you dont raid or do high end pvp, what is there to do? Farm achievements/mounts/pets/money
    When players have 200k lying around on multiple characters, What is 20k or 40k gold? its chump change. So yeah "worth it" is definitely relative to how good you are at making gold. Farmers would argue that the Mammoth is worth every penny. Because of its long term use and convenience.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will definitely agree that you will probably see more and more of these unless blizzard does something to reduce gold, because it seems like its ridiculously easy to get gold now :P. I started cata with literally under 100g (my account was hacked since I stopped playing for 1.5 years prior to cata) and I have already made enough to have this mount and plenty of spending money after :P, and cata is still very fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is worth it to the right person, for me? yes, I think all new stone drake are very cool looking and if I had the gold, I would buy it instantly.
    But to some other people a mount is a mount and that's their opinion.
    Although I think blizz should try to add other flying mounts that aren't dragons.

I would like to have at least one for myself so I can carry low level friends around when doing run thoughs. The only thing I think is not worth it is giving someone a 5k tip just to make one with my mats, but that's my opinion. Don't get me wrong I do like to give generous tips for a job well done but im not that generous to tip 5k lol. Guess im leveling archaeology with my alchemist.

i dont like the fact that the stone drake model is still bugged and the rider is below the mount. Besides that its pretty sweet.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

15+ Year Old Account
    One last thing to add to this thread, to people who say "a mount is a mount" I tend to think the opposite way :P. I'd much rather spend a large amount of gold getting a mount that will last me as long as I play this game, and always be something cool/fun, than I would to buy some boe epic that will last me til at most the next raiding tier comes out... Gear gets replaced so fast, that its almost never worth the money to buy the extremely expensive boe epics people like to sell, whereas I still use my motorcycle to this day and will use my vial in the future. But thats just my opinion :P.

It's the same as any costly vanity item.

If you want it, and can afford it, it's worth it. If not, well, it isn't.

I just want to say that i have 525 Alc/arch and have now opened 18 canopic jars AND STILL NO BLOODY RECIPE!!! Around 200 hours grinding seems way over the top, especially when so many people say they got it on their 1,3,6 jar. I HATE Blizzard!

if you want ppl to know you got alot of gold, then yes, its worth it.
    ggg

Never the rocket mount is the coolest mount ever. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRRRRRRRR, go rocket mount.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Paid 55k for mine, don't regret it.
    Signatures are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    I just want to say that i have 525 Alc/arch and have now opened 18 canopic jars AND STILL NO BLOODY RECIPE!!! Around 200 hours grinding seems way over the top, especially when so many people say they got it on their 1,3,6 jar. I HATE Blizzard!
    I gave after my first trash canopic.

You could collect the mats and tip some bloke 3-5k for the VotS...

Deleted
    Got the recipe on my third jar. Crafted it once and sold on the auction house for 55k, and have since crafted twice more with other players' mats at a 5k service charge per craft.

It's a great little passive money-earner if you make a macro and advertise your recipe every-so-often in trade.

Unfortunately on my server there has been a fair degree of undercutting, resulting in the lowest sale on the auction house for 48k. I'll be making my own personal mount when my guild reaches level 23 [Bartering] and the vendor mats are affected by the guild discount [5%]. By then, the money I earn from crafting the mount should be enough to fund my own. No rush.

With the cost of mats, it's pretty much a vanity mount with the only real functional benefit being if you're helping a lowbie level. Where Blizzard could have made it much more enticing would have been to make it similar to druid flight form in being instant cast and allowing gathering when in form. Then you're looking at something which contributes a real value.

I had about 250k on my toon when I decided to buy the drake at 55k, its alot of coin for a mount but the more I thought about it, and how I got 250k in the first place is, there really is NOTHING to spend my coin on. So why not this

It's worth it if you have 2 friends, if not then no.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeebee View Post
    I feel for ya.. I'm on 7 jars now and still no recipe. My guild member tho, first jar.. I swore like mad at him on vent. And then he clicked a button and gave me my Vial with my mats, and no crafting fee.. And I wasn't so pissed.......

Don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed.. I want the damned Recipe already. I've got the mount, and the ring... Give me the Recipe already! grr grr grr
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US