Mut openers vs non-casters

Against casters the opener is easy, Garrote with the glyph for 2 sec extra silence is a great opener. For Sub, they open with Ambush on non-casters.

Mut (and combat but who goes combat in pvp?) has no good openers on non-casters, and i keep just Garroting everyone, witch gives a small Bleed, but is quite sad.

Cheap Shot was a sure winner before, but when it shared diminishing returns with Kidney Shot, it is "useless", as it then makes Kidney Shot quite a waste of combo points.

Am I missing something? What do you guys open with on non-casters?

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the target, for wars I go with garrote, I prefer bleed damage on plate wearers.

For rogues I go with cheap shot then 5 cb rupture, for obvious reasons. for retradins I go with garrote, silence isn't bad and as for wars I prefer bleeding them. then I go kidney.

more often than not its a garotte... if i know an ambush crit will put the pressure on i go for ambush... i find that when the pressure is on they make mistakes

Cheap shot if not useless. Almost every melee class has a disarm. You want to be sure that you get yours up first.during the time that your disarm is active get rupture up and recuperate. By then your kidney won't have diminishing return.

Deleted
    Like pre poster said, Cheap shot is not useless. It's actually very powerful against melee. And he also mentioned why. Rogues do not have to rely on kidney anymore. We have gauge, evasion and combat readiness. I'm saving my kidney for the right op, not as a tool in a stream of predetermined moves against a certain class.