Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with this is that if you cast Kick, a SPELL_SUCCESS Message fires but a SPELL_INTERRUPT event may or may not.

Therefore, you can have an addon report that you cast kick, or that you interrupted a boss ability, but not both without massive assumptions about latency.

---------- Post added 2011-01-21 at 01:44 PM ----------

My guild is writing one as we speak to try and work around this limitation so that back up interruptors know that a kick was wasted. If anyone has some advice I'd love the assistance.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    SPELL_INTERRUPT passes the id and name of the interrupting spell.

15+ Year Old Account
    But it doesn't fire if yours does nothing.

Scenario 1:
    Two people interrupt at once. One works, the other is wasted. We need the one who wasted to alert the raid, and the one who succeeded to also alert the raid, albeit differently.

Scenario 2:
    One person interrupts early. It does not fire a SPELL_INTERRUPT event. We need this person to alert the raid that it did nothing.

Having two event triggers "Used ability X" and "X Interrupted Y's Z" does not achieve the desired goal, as there is no way to know that the spell did not interrupt anything.

---------- Post added 2011-01-21 at 02:22 PM ----------

The best I can think of is to somehow figure out the maximum timing delay between a kick success and a interrupt event, and have the addon track that too.
    Last edited by gherkin; 2011-01-21 at 10:23 PM.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted
    Ah, I misunderstood in that case. Simply add a delay and listen for any relevant interrupt events with your spell's ID to come in after a SCS has fired. If none arrives, announce failure.

Would be my approach at least.

We need the one who wasted to alert the raid, and the one who succeeded to also alert the raid, albeit differently.
    it is possible to implement. but need to add all spell interrupt spell names one by one in this case I believe and maybe a time delay as Treeston said.

Deadly Boss Mods?????

you guys are just reaching for reasons to use an addon

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop View Post
    you guys are just reaching for reasons to use an addon
    Not true at all. I was also wondering if a good working addon like this existed. I wanted it because on omnotron I glyphed kick to be able to use it more reliably. However if someone misjudges whos turn it is to interrupt, and beats me to it, I would have a 14sec CD on kick (up from base 10) instead of an 8sec CD. So I would end up missing my turn. I would have loved an addon to be able to announce if someone has interrupted and if I interrupted and if it was successful or not.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

Quote Originally Posted by ruzhy6 View Post
    Not true at all. I was also wondering if a good working addon like this existed. I wanted it because on omnotron I glyphed kick to be able to use it more reliably. However if someone misjudges whos turn it is to interrupt, and beats me to it, I would have a 14sec CD on kick (up from base 10) instead of an 8sec CD. So I would end up missing my turn. I would have loved an addon to be able to announce if someone has interrupted and if I interrupted and if it was successful or not.
    well, you can have a warning sound arcanatron casting with MSBT or with a small script.

and the script I had wrote before in this thread will help you.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...uptedthat.aspx
    is what i used during WotLK and it works great
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2011-01-23 at 10:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wakespams, works good
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Personally I have used an outdated addon called IEInterruptAnnounce for a year or so. While its outdated, its not broken at all. Works like a charm. You'll have to search google/bing (or whatever) and find it on WoWAce.

Or for the lazy:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/ieinterrupt/
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucidor
    I don't know if it's envy, as much as it is most WoW players following this line of thought:

-Anyone who plays less than you is a casual scrub getting free welfare epics.
    -Anyone who plays more than you is an unemployed virgin who needs to get a life, a job, and/or go outside.

Could be both, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    But it doesn't fire if yours does nothing.

Scenario 1:
    Two people interrupt at once. One works, the other is wasted. We need the one who wasted to alert the raid, and the one who succeeded to also alert the raid, albeit differently.

Scenario 2:
    One person interrupts early. It does not fire a SPELL_INTERRUPT event. We need this person to alert the raid that it did nothing.

Having two event triggers "Used ability X" and "X Interrupted Y's Z" does not achieve the desired goal, as there is no way to know that the spell did not interrupt anything.

---------- Post added 2011-01-21 at 02:22 PM ----------

The best I can think of is to somehow figure out the maximum timing delay between a kick success and a interrupt event, and have the addon track that too.
    yes, I think so....