Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    M11x would be better option but its such a tiny screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzunki View Post
    After the posts made i have decided to move away from the M15x and am wondering if the M11x would be a better option

Spec here:
    Intel® Core™ i5 520UM 1.06GHz (3MB Cache)
    1GB Nvidia Geforce GT 335M
    2GB DDR3 800MHz RAM
    250GB SATA 7,200RPM
    Internal High-Definition 5.1 Surround Sound
    AlienFX® Illuminated Keyboard

Thank you for your time
    As I said before, the m11x has a tiny screen, you may also run into problems with only 2gigs of RAM, aim for an absolute minimum of 3gb.

---------- Post added 2010-12-29 at 07:52 PM ----------

try customizing a laptop on dell.co.uk and see what turns up, make sure you choose a nice model that can have the things you want in it though. If you find something you like post the specs and one of us will look at it.

Avoid Alienware altogether. They were awesome years ago, before Dell acquired them, but now they're made of incredibly cheap materials that break regardless of how gingerly you treat them--for example, the plastic around the hinges of my laptop has cracked, causing the screws to fall out, causing the hinges to come apart.... despite far lower-than-average use (I use it as a desktop replacement, so it doesn't get opened and closed very often).

Additionally, the plastic bits that hold the keys in have weakened in the last two years to the point where a few of my keys spontaneously come off when I press them.

I reemphasize that I use this laptop as a desktop replacement--I don't open or close it often, it doesn't move, it doesn't get beat up... it's just very very cheap.

Never, ever, buy ANYTHING from Alienware or Apple. Seriously, don't do it. Not a single product.