Thread: BOA's in Cata

BOA's in Cata

I was wondering if this was a glitch. I was leveling my DK's rep with Mount Hyjal to obtain Arcanum of Hyjal for my warlock. I was doing this because I noticed that this is a BOA item and I figured that it would be the same as the Wrath BOA's, i.e. get your rep up with one toon and you can share the benefits with all your other toons. When I obtained the item and sent it to my warlock it said that I needed to be Revered with Mount Hyjal in order to use it. So what's the point of making this item a BOA if I have to get my rep up to use it? Keep in mind you also have to be Revered in order to purchase it as well. I hope this is a glitch.

Niccolo lvl 85 Prot Pally Caelestrasz

Well either them being BoAs is a glitch or rep requirement is.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure when the blues start posting here you'll know.
    But until then I recommend the official forums where you'll get an actual response and not a bunch of people guessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that it is BoA has nothing to do with the rep requirement. Even in Wrath you had to have rep with the faction to get the benefits of the helm enchants. The fact that it os BoA not BoP just means you can buy it on one toon and mail it to another(maybe your one toon is broke and can't afford to buy one)

Fogkin, you may be a nice person but you shouldnt speak if you dont know what your talking about. The BoA items which you could purchase if one toon was high enough was usable in wrath even if your rep wasnt high enough on the toon you sent it to. now with that said, i would suggest opening a post in the official forums or opening a ticket ingame and posting this question there. Also if you do so and get a good answer maybe you can assist others with this question by posting the reply from bliz here in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowyn View Post
    Fogkin, you may be a nice person but you shouldnt speak if you dont know what your talking about. The BoA items which you could purchase if one toon was high enough was usable in wrath even if your rep wasnt high enough on the toon you sent it to. now with that said, i would suggest opening a post in the official forums or opening a ticket ingame and posting this question there. Also if you do so and get a good answer maybe you can assist others with this question by posting the reply from bliz here in the future.
    Really? Guess I never paid attention to that. I just assumed. I always just rep grinded until that person hit exalted and bought the item. So you're saying I didn't have to grind out Sons of Hodir rep on 3 toons to get the shoulder enchants? Well now I feel like an idiot lol