• Mac and I play US.

42 12.57%
  • PC and I play US.

129 38.62%

Thread: Mac or PC.

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Mac or PC.

Simple question.Mac or PC and where are you from.
    Pew pew

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to fun stuff.

PC, but that is mainly because I could give a load of crap about the package that my machine is in ; )... oh yeah and when it breaks I don't have to buy a completely new one, only the broken part.

oh yeah and EU
    Last edited by Dunee; 2010-12-29 at 06:43 PM.

Mac EU representing!

more macs wtb !!!
    Pew pew

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    27" iMac and 15" MBP
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Deleted
    I prognose that this vote will overestimate the actual mac share

P.S. I'm on a mac, of course. 27" IPS iMac display is the best thing to enjoy WoW on.

PC and proud of it. We have Mac's here in Macedonia but the systems usually cost 50-70% more than their PC equivalent. I'd rather cut off my arm than give 1500 euros for a machine that cannot be upgraded or because It looks fancy... bleh.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    PC all the way.

I'm not one for paying an extra £1000 for a Mac, that is lower specced, more locked-down, made with cheaper parts, and 'un'upgradable.

Also, people that say they prefer a PC, they just say it. Where as people who prefer Macs, have to try and "show off" and tell what they have thinking it's amazing. Please, I can pay less that half, and get at least the same amount of power/resource, usually more... With a PC of cause.

Anyways, cut short... PC

10+ Year Old Account
    21 inch iMac and 15 inch MacBook pro! US

Canada, and both, but really only on the mac if I'm having an issue on the PC... Or just want to log in to chat (WoW is just another IM some days)...

I also can't stand the mac keyboard/mouse for gaming... or much of anything besides surfing... Love the 'magic mouse' functionality, but it's annoying as hell for picking up swipes I don't want... and the size (of both) is not so fitting.

Plus, of course, the mac plays WoW like crap, compared to the much better, less expensive PC : )

-Alamar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    PC and proud of it. We have Mac's here in Macedonia but the systems usually cost 50-70% more than their PC equivalent. I'd rather cut off my arm than give 1500 euros for a machine that cannot be upgraded or because It looks fancy... bleh.
    That's how Mac is everywhere in the world, not just where you live

PC + EU

I use a MacBook Pro 15", i7 CPU, 330M graphics, it's a decent 1" thick laptop. I dual-boot Mac OS X and Windows 7, I did a bunch of comparing. Windows WoW client definitely runs somewhat faster, but the virus alerts and windows updates bug me - and more importantly my vent outgoing sound was messed up according to my guildies, so I'm booting into Mac OS X now with no problems at all, game runs smoothly at good settings, I cap the fps at 55 to keep the heat down. I like the in-game video capture in the Mac client too.

15+ Year Old Account
    PC, but I booted OSX for a time. Dunno why really. Curiosity?

If mac's could come down in price a shade I might consider one.

Deleted
    mac eu talnivarr

Deleted
    PC desktop
    Mac Laptop
    =
    Win

(EU)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullup View Post
    Simple question.Mac or PC and where are you from.
    Both! But I play on my PC currently.

Las Vegas, NV

Just built myself a new PC, didn't ever think about buying a Mac.

I have both, however i prefer playing on PC (got windows xp) and working/studying on macbook pro
    i have wow installed on both ofc...
    I would recommend to buy/use PC mostly, but mac is not a pc and that's the biggest advantage! ^^ And you would save much more money if you assemble pc by yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worchild View Post
    How well does WoW run on Mac? I used to hear of people having trouble with it. (BC era)
    It runs rather decently nowadays. There are some performance issues (framerate will be smoother if you boot into windows) which have mostly to do with Apple's graphics drivers. Still, I run it just great on 2560x1440 ultra high, so the performance is sufficient.

P.S. Please don't turn it into a Mac vs PC flame war. I understand that many PC users consider themselves superior to "stupid MAC users who pay to much money for outdated technology". Still, some of us use computers to work... if my main goal were gaming I wouldn't have sold my custom-build PC. For gaming, Microsoft is currently the way to go, this is true and was never disputed.