Official WoW forum mods

Anyone else feel like the official wow forum mods have gone crazy with the bans and the post deletions lately? Seems to me that anytime something is posted that criticizes the mods or the forums at all, they are immediately deleted. Its a discussion forum, but you aren't allowed to discuss the moderation of the forums. For example...A recent post thanking the blues and forum moderators for their excellent work was posted on the general forums. Three pages of reply posts all saying about the same thing, I post that i couldn't disagree more with it, and its deleted immediately. This isn't the first time its happened to me recently and to be honest, i think its quite rude. People should be able to express their ideas as long as its on topic and not rude. Anyway, not trying to get anyone riled up, just wondering if anyone else feels the same. Discuss

It's their job. They get paid to do their job and they'll do it as long as people continue to post meaningless troll, spam, and QQ threads.

not everything they are locking and deleting is meaningless, some of it is very valid and deserves to see some discussion

All the scrubs who spent the last 2 years banned were unbanned when they created the new forums.

Honestly I've hardly ever seen a moderator action on the wow forums I disagree with (since the changeover anyway). The forums there are full of incessant nagging, whining, and straight up trash.

To be honest, you did kind of hijack the thread. The thread wasn't about things people think the GMs need to do better, and your post was liable to just start a flamewar in that thread, thus derailing it. If you made a separate thread about the issue, it may have stuck around, or maybe not.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

Quote Originally Posted by channing29 View Post
    not everything they are locking and deleting is meaningless, some of it is very valid and deserves to see some discussion
    Again they decide that not you

no h8 <3
    - Nom Nom

15+ Year Old Account
    Discussing moderation on the actual forums being moderated never ever, ever has a happy ending. I say that both for the official forums and for our forums as well.

In plus, convincing people they are wrong over the internet can be nearly impossible sometimes depending on the person, so it is best for the forums and for you to go to their superiors. Tell wowgmfeedback for them and Bibi/Sunshine for us and the feedback does get read, at least here.

That said, we have no problem with you discussing their moderation of their forums on our forums and I imagine they would have any problems if you were talking about our moderation on their forums just because it is a one-sided deal.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Its a discussion forum, but you aren't allowed to discuss the moderation of the forums.
    As has been the rule on the WoW official forums since their inception. Hell, it's a rule on this very forum as well, and thousands of others.
    A recent post thanking the blues and forum moderators for their excellent work was posted on the general forums. Three pages of reply posts all saying about the same thing,
    There are still posts on the first page of that topic disagreeing with the sentiments of the OP. If your post was deleted then it is likely you were not as cordial as you claim to be.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2010-12-29 at 07:14 PM. Reason: derpderp html tags

Dont know why you are suprised that it happened with your example...you went into a thread that was praising the mods that was atleast 3 pages long without a negative coment and disagreed, they removed your post because it would then become a flamefest about how retarded you are and that would have caused them more problems and cost more time deleting posts/banning ppl...meh

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Dont know why you are suprised that it happened with your example...you went into a thread that was praising the mods that was atleast 3 pages long without a negative coment and disagreed, they removed your post because it would then become a flamefest about how retarded you are and that would have caused them more problems and cost more time deleting posts/banning ppl...meh
    Pretty much this. Plus as someone else pointed out, I'm betting you weren't so nice and fluffy about it. It's like how everyone once in a while you hear a story on the forums about someone who "acted perfectly reasonably" and was "screwed by a GM" only to find out later that they ticketed an unreasonable request and called the GM a useless asshole.

The fact that you felt strongly enough about it to come here and create an account expressly for the purpose of posting this leads me to what I believe to be the logical conclusion that you were in fact quite riled up about something and that your supposedly innocent post in that thread came off as rather hostile, even if you did not intend it to.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

Anyone else feel like the official wow forum mods have gone crazy with the bans and the post deletions lately? Seems to me that anytime something is posted that criticizes the mods or the forums at all, they are immediately deleted. Its a discussion forum, but you aren't allowed to discuss the moderation of the forums. For example...A recent post thanking the blues and forum moderators for their excellent work was posted on the general forums. Three pages of reply posts all saying about the same thing, I post that i couldn't disagree more with it, and its deleted immediately. This isn't the first time its happened to me recently and to be honest, i think its quite rude. People should be able to express their ideas as long as its on topic and not rude. Anyway, not trying to get anyone riled up, just wondering if anyone else feels the same. Discuss
    Yes, because there are actual channels for that kind of thing, the general discussions forum isn’t one of them.

Honestly I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around “on-topic” as a bad rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Revengencer View Post
    Pretty much this. Plus as someone else pointed out, I'm betting you weren't so nice and fluffy about it. It's like how everyone once in a while you hear a story on the forums about someone who "acted perfectly reasonably" and was "screwed by a GM" only to find out later that they ticketed an unreasonable request and called the GM a useless asshole.

The fact that you felt strongly enough about it to come here and create an account expressly for the purpose of posting this leads me to what I believe to be the logical conclusion that you were in fact quite riled up about something and that your supposedly innocent post in that thread came off as rather hostile, even if you did not intend it to.

Not exactly why you assume i came to this site and created an account today just to post about this, that is completely false. While this is the first time I've started a thread, I most certainly did not create my account today just to rant about this. Its an issue i've been noticing for a while and just decided to start a thread and see if i was alone in my thoughts.

---------- Post added 2010-12-29 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Discussing moderation on the actual forums being moderated never ever, ever has a happy ending. I say that both for the official forums and for our forums as well.

In plus, convincing people they are wrong over the internet can be nearly impossible sometimes depending on the person, so it is best for the forums and for you to go to their superiors. Tell wowgmfeedback for them and Bibi/Sunshine for us and the feedback does get read, at least here.

That said, we have no problem with you discussing their moderation of their forums on our forums and I imagine they would have any problems if you were talking about our moderation on their forums just because it is a one-sided deal.
    I can see how the discussion could have gone terribly wrong and completely agree with you

If it just got deleted be thankful, in the old forums they would ban you for the dumbest things, you can follow the guidelines there to a T and still get a ban just because a mod is having a bad day. All they have to say is you're spamming and/or trolling and it covers everything.

Thanks to the over deletion of threads where there was nothing wrong, our server forums pretty much died. And with the addition of cross server BGs/Heroics, the social aspect of WoW outside your guild is all but gone, all you have left is trade chat which most of us tend to ignore.

Well, I would have concurred with the OP a few weeks ago when my account was banned from the forums right as the new ones came out. I had never been banned before for anything, in fact, I was the victim of incessant trolling one of my old servers. Anyway, I pleaded with them to turn my account back on and they did. I think sometimes they are just trying to scare some of the troll out of us before they let us loose again. (My post was asking about racials and the changes to them, and since I didn't post the question in the right place, they banned my account.)