Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The ridicliousness of randoms and heroics

So i've been doing random heroics w/out guild due to holidays, and Ive been kicked for not having enough hp as a dps lol... I can pull 12k dps on steady, why does my health factor into it at all, I wait 45 mins to get kicked 5 seconds within the dungeon, WoW is becoming more of a waiting, not even entertainment anymore. how is this fun at all? im considering canceling over this crap they call "fun". i understand the challenge thats fine, i do my job as dps well, but being kicked after waiting 45 mins of my time to have "fun" is BS.

There is no way they just kicked you for having low HP, some other factors must be involved.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you a dk? I've seen people here complaining of DKs being booted because they have absolutely no viable forms of CC. Or dps warriors.

Personally I never boot the DKs, they are usually insanely good dps.

No im a hunter, and no that seriously was all it was Trispec, i load in, and i read lol low hp, kicked. didnt even get to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    There is no way they just kicked you for having low HP, some other factors must be involved.
    No, it's true, I've been kicked for having low mana as a resto druid healer... this was the first week the game was out saying that I should have 80k unbuffed. Even now I barely am reaching 80k. Druids just don't have a big mana pool compared to the other healers but regardless still get kicked for my low mana. What Apolaan is saying is something that I am almost sure happened.
    This is for you, the beta-less: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWDDma9KvAA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    What server are you playing on, I'd like to request immediate transfer.

Project Troll Roll | Signature Requests: Open

yeah.. please tell me, id laugh if its in my battlegroup.
    Last edited by Apolaan; 2010-12-29 at 08:59 PM.

They must be used to see survival hunters with the stamina talent or something, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by w00t692 View Post
    They must be used to see survival hunters with the stamina talent or something, who knows.
    hahaha. guess so.. all the good ones dont :P

I have had this problem, though not with DPS.
    On my druid tank (just dinged 85 yesterday, so this was normals) where I would join queue and get teh "in progress" dungeon.
    I think, great, it's either going to be quick or fail.
    I have been kicked twice while being level 84 (in a group of all 85s) and having only 94k HP in bear.
    One person, a hunter, said in pchat "lol I have more health than tank"
    But that's for tanking (and I feel 94k is perfectly fine at 84, but whatever).
    Since you join in progress, you don't get a 15 minute kick timer, so you can get kicked right away.

But as far as kicked for low HP on a DPS, that doesn't even make sense.
    Is your toon's name/guild name retarded and would infuriate anyone who sees it?
    That, or you are better off not running with a group of idiots such as those who would kick DPS based on health pool alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came up with a great solution to the other party members' problem; Don't stand in fire!

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller View Post
    I have had this problem, though not with DPS.
    On my druid tank (just dinged 85 yesterday, so this was normals) where I would join queue and get teh "in progress" dungeon.
    I think, great, it's either going to be quick or fail.
    I have been kicked twice while being level 84 (in a group of all 85s) and having only 94k HP in bear.
    One person, a hunter, said in pchat "lol I have more health than tank"
    But that's for tanking (and I feel 94k is perfectly fine at 84, but whatever).
    Since you join in progress, you don't get a 15 minute kick timer, so you can get kicked right away.

But as far as kicked for low HP on a DPS, that doesn't even make sense.
    Is your toon's name/guild name retarded and would infuriate anyone who sees it?
    That, or you are better off not running with a group of idiots such as those who would kick DPS based on health pool alone.
    Nope my name is good, and my guild name isnt stupid compared to all the top guilds on my server lol

Quote Originally Posted by hmc View Post
    Druids just don't have a big mana pool compared to the other healers but regardless still get kicked for my low mana.
    Serious mate? druids have the 2nd most mana out of any healer imo behind loladins, druids have 2 talents to get even more mana and my mate who is heroic geared has like 94k even without all of those talents so you must be in green gear if you can't even hit 80k on a resto druid.

Even in 83-85 greens you should have almost 100k hp, take off your old level 80 gear, greens have double, even triple the stam the old stuff did.

Otherwise i dont really know how you apparently have such low hp and your getting kicked, whats your total Hp and maybe an armory is in order. So we can see if their kicks are legitimate.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...apolaan/simple

i pull 12k, even complete H stonecore.. so dont really see how its a problem, I trap etc.

Low HP is an indicator of poor quality gear. The better your gear, the higher your Stamina. Regardless of role or class, this is true. I don't use GS, but I am able to quickly (and with a reasonable amount of accuracy) asess the current gear level of any player by looking at their health pool. A pet peeve of mine is zoning into a Heroic and finding that I, as the Healer, have more HP than the Tank. Without even inspecting, I can be pretty damn sure that it's some stupid DPS who threw on some Tank/PVP gear to avoid a long queue.

I've never tried to vote kick someone for it, but I certainly can see where a 4/5 guild group could quickly look at a DPS's health and decide they want someone better geared. Hell, DPS are a dime a dozen. Kick 'em and get a better one.

Is it rude? Certainly. Is it unreasonable? Meh. I don't think so.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I would say you just happened to have bad luck Apolaan. Cant say kicking people around like that is something I approve but to be honest, with so many people in LFD its hard to avoid meeting certain types of behaviour from time to time. Maybe they were min/maxing, or just being dorks who knows. Maybe even both in the same time. Heroics these days are rather chalanging so I bet some people get an idea to browse through dps untill they get setup they want and since your PuG probably had no idea about your dps then perhaps they figured dps with more hp wont die as often, dont know. Cant say its a good idea to me but well, happens. Mind Im not defending them, just offering a theory that could perhaps explain their reasoning. But in the end truth is, sometimes its hard to tell wheter someone is a dork on purpose or just accidentaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Low HP is an indicator of poor quality gear. The better your gear, the higher your Stamina. Regardless of role or class, this is true. I don't use GS, but I am able to quickly (and with a reasonable amount of accuracy) asess the current gear level of any player by looking at their health pool. A pet peeve of mine is zoning into a Heroic and finding that I, as the Healer, have more HP than the Tank. Without even inspecting, I can be pretty damn sure that it's some stupid DPS who threw on some Tank/PVP gear to avoid a long queue.

I've never tried to vote kick someone for it, but I certainly can see where a 4/5 guild group could quickly look at a DPS's health and decide they want someone better geared. Hell, DPS are a dime a dozen. Kick 'em and get a better one.

Is it rude? Certainly. Is it unreasonable? Meh. I don't think so.
    Sure im not the best geared, but id atleast give people a shot, and if they can avoid mechanics and etc its fine with me.

lol, my average ilevel is 346 i have over 100k mana and i rarely even have to drink in heroics now
    resto druids 4 eva

i tend to find when you have a 4 man guild group and there looking for a 5th they turn into asshats its some twisted logic that they are soo much better than a pug but they need a pug and that pug better be that far above average to group with them