Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...apolaan/simple

i pull 12k, even complete H stonecore.. so dont really see how its a problem, I trap etc.
    At 93k health i really dont see why your getting kicked for HP, cause thats plenty for a DPs that pulls 12k, just came across some jerks i guess. I wouldnt take it too personally, might have just come across guild grps looking for a certain class and were just kicking ppl, etc and giving dumb excuses. You never know. I on the other hand have had an awsome time queing in DF, I never see ppl like this. Its just how the dice roll sometimes, dont quit because of it.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hmc View Post
    No, it's true, I've been kicked for having low mana as a resto druid healer... this was the first week the game was out saying that I should have 80k unbuffed. Even now I barely am reaching 80k. Druids just don't have a big mana pool compared to the other healers but regardless still get kicked for my low mana. What Apolaan is saying is something that I am almost sure happened.
    I have 3 or 4 heroic pieces and a couple 346 Reputation blues and with all my gems and enchants I -just- broke 80k self buffed mana on my shaman. Heroics were a little tough when I was rocking <70k and tanks hadn't geared up yet, but now it's just boss mechanics that kill us, not spikey-trash damage :-) Stupid Forgemaster and his fire shield. To the topic at hand, and to the bear who got kicked, people are stupid punks. Just cross your fingers and hope for better after your guildies get back online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems today there are new reasons to kick players, such as:

Do you have a vowel in your name?
    Does your class use mana as a resource?
    Does your class not use mana as a resource?
    Are you a DPS?
    Are you a healer?
    Do you wear armour that is not completely 'heroic' gear?
    Does your class not have CC?
    Does your class have CC?
    Is your healer asking the tank to not pull, because they're oom?
    Did you wipe because of the healer?
    Did you wipe, and you're the lowest on damage?
    Did you suggest to someone a possible fix to improve their damage/healing efficiency?
    Are you a Death Knight?
    Does your name include "xx" or "Arthas" or "Deathwing" or "cataclysm" or any variation?
    Does your class wear plate, mail, leather, or cloth?

i also ran into something like this but not my hp but my spec wnet into heroics as ret and got loled another ret pally you suck ...booted

i did have time to reply that i know how to play my class, but it was to no avail. ret is my ms but im forced to roll prot for point and gear farming but i just have to hope that there arn't plate dps in party so i can get my ps gear for raiding.

I don't mind tanking has been my main spec for all of wrath and bc just kind of tired of it and as ret stands now its a fun spec and takes considerably more skill to play than in wrath.

As far as running with a guild group i would have to tank it and i would rather stay up on ret skills then just once again get pushed into tanking or healing.

OT: i beleive him i got kicked before we pulled anything just for being ret. so i understand his pain for the wait then boot.

My favorite is waiting 45 mins, queue pops. Entering Deadmines. Load up and the tank of the group goes "LOL DK" and I am promptly removed after the first few packs of trash around the first cannon.

Mind you I pull like 18k dps and rock.

Idiots are idiots and theres nothing we can do about it.

Guess so, well atleast no one was trolling here, really needed to hear stuff like this, thanks, just asshats in randoms more then ever now.

I am always an excellent member of a random, I try to make the group as lighthearted but on point as I can. I realized when 3/5 people are waiting 45 mins for a dungeon they get irritated before they even get in the dungeon. Healers are usually in a good mood for some reason, and tanks are usually either very helpful or on their high horse. My strategy for making people listen and pay attention....is crack some jokes, take over marking adds if no one does, and in general be a personable person. I know this works because I have frequently had people make lvl 1s on my server just to finish w/e discussion we were having before killing the last boss. When you become the most vocal person in your group and use that helpfully it really goes a looooong way.

Well, I might be called a jerk or whatever for this... but sometimes when me and my friends just randomly kick a person we don't know for someone we actually know.

Even if he was doing his job well. They could have had the same mentality. :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's what happens when you random. People are nuts lol, they will do almost anything to prove that to you. Ninja,boot for nothing,rude know it all leetists and quit for nothing. It's a mess out there best off playing some music and taking it in stride. I like to think of them all as miss informed kids with nothing to do.

You're equipped 326 average item level. Maybe someone looked at what you were wearing really quick, saw that you cheated the system and decided to not bother risking it.

I'd be very, very surprised if you can pull off 12k dps with THAT gear, I had a hunter in heroic SFK on the 1st boss who did 5k dps and was miles behind me, when I said you need to do more dps he says he usually does 10k here which is bullshit, he had alot of greens and average 333 blues. I guess you got kicked for your gear and not your health because nobody wants to see greens in a heroic there's no excuse for it, blues are so easy to get in Cata.

The system is bollocks anyway, 329 for heroics? I had about 333 at 84 (shaman) so the system is retarded and can be abused with profession trinkets or PVP gear.

/kick

"bringing guild member who just logged on!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Apolaan, one thing i could suggest to raise your HP is to change the 2 points in Careful Aim, and the 1 point in Serpents Spread, and put them into Hunter vs. Wild. That will give you a 10% HP increase. Careful Aim is crap for 80% of a boss fight, and Serpent Spread is not wise where we are CCing we arent using Multi-shot, and if you do accidentally use MS, it makes the targets immune to CC now cause it now has a dot on it, that prevents that mob from being re-CCed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiaa View Post
    My strategy for making people listen and pay attention....is crack some jokes,
    I definitely agree with you here, the problem is that many PUGs I've been to lately have been utterly devoid of any sense of humour. There's always someone (usually the tank or healer) who regards any kind of joke as a form of disguised abuse. Happened today in Stonecore. I even added a "" smiley to really show I was joking but .. alas, no.

It works most of the time. The times it don't... O boy...

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 03:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    Well, I might be called a jerk or whatever for this... but sometimes when me and my friends just randomly kick a person we don't know for someone we actually know.
    Don't have to call you jerk, you are one. Worst case of douchebags act like that.

I don't know you, you may be great. However, the fact you talk about how much dps you do makes me suspect that you take a lot of avoidable damage. A lot of the time people who are obsessed with their dps are prone to tunneling and playing badly because of it.

As both a healer and a tank, this is supremely annoying. I'd rather have someone do low dps but know how to CC, how to not break CC, how to follow a kill order, the mechanics of specific trash & bosses, and how to get the hell out of the fire.

Perhaps this is why you're being kicked, especially if they're giving your hp as a reason. Healing is very different now, to refill someone's 100k hp bar takes either some very expensive spells, or a long time spamming the slow casting efficient heals. In essence, healers can no longer heal dps through avoidable damage; the dps needs to actually avoid said damage or mitigate it with cooldowns.
    Last edited by baelon; 2010-12-30 at 02:33 AM.