I could really use some advice here... My PC has the following:
Processor: Overclocked Intel Core i7 950 3.8GHz Quad-Core (8MB L3 Cache)
Memory: 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz (Tri Channel Memory)
Graphics Card: 2 x 1536MB GDDR5 Nvidia GTX 580 on SLI (Stock)
Hard Drive: 4 x 128GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SATA 6 (RAID 0 on LSI MegaRaid 9260-4i RAID Controller)
I believe my system can play WoW: Cataclysm on ULTRA settings over multiple monitors (3+) with no problems. But since I haven't tested this setup before, I thought of asking while being precise at the same time. With respect to gameplay experience, do you think it is more "entertaining" to:
a) Play on a "single" large LED backlit monitor (24" max) OR
b) Play on "triple" large LED backlit monitors (24" max each) ??
My conditions are:
1) Money is NOT an issue here.
2) I RARELY surf the net or do other stuff while playing WoW. I do have a use for multiple monitors outside WoW however.
3) I'm planning to have WoW running on all monitors, most of the time, if I decide to go with option b). This also means that all THREE monitors will be set up in Nvidia's 2D Surround.
4) NO plans for 3D single/multiple monitor setup at the moment.
5) I will play other racing, FPS, RTS and RPG games, but mainly WoW.
5) Once again, the choice will be based mainly on the fun factor and functionality of each setup. Will option a) remain the best as a WoW setup? Is option b) worth it, or it will get old over time? In other words, I don't want to end up using a single monitor with WoW even after going with option b)!
Guys, your thoughts on this would be HIGHLY appreciated! Thank you in advance for your help.