Glyph of (the?) long word

I got a trinket in grim batol yesterday called Gale of Shadows, here are the stats:

Gale of Shadows

Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    Requires Level 83
    Item Level 333
    Equip: Increases your haste rating by 252.
    Equip: Your healing and damage periodic spells grant 15 spell power each time they heal or deal damage.
    Lasts 15 sec, stacking up to 20 times.

Do you think this trinket + glyph of long word would be good? Assuming the ticks from WoG would proc this.

Thanks,

Stubb

Deleted
    No.

The reason(s) why i say this is because.

Any trinket without intellect on is terrible, honestly you should try and get an intellect upgrade for it.

Also the glyph isn't that great, using unglyphed WoG at 3 holy power is much better.

Awww... ok : (. I have a int. and spirit trink right now. one has chance to inc. spirit and the other has chance to increase haste.

Deleted
    Just tried out what you asked (i did wonder) and No the HoT on WoG if glyphed doesn't proc it anyway =)

That's lame : |. Not trying to make a fuss, but shouldn't it?

Your healing and damage periodic spells grant 15 spell power each time they heal

But maybe that second 50% of WoG that is a HoT isn't considered a spell...

Deleted
    It is considered the same spell, as its a part of your WoG, so it procs the once

Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    It is considered the same spell, as its a part of your WoG, so it procs the once
    Out of interest, were you testing the HoT portion on someone at full health? I have the same trinket on my Priest, and it will only proc from HoT ticks from Renew if they actually heal damage, if they overheal completely it does not grant a stack.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubb View Post
    That's lame : |. Not trying to make a fuss, but shouldn't it?

Your healing and damage periodic spells grant 15 spell power each time they heal

But maybe that second 50% of WoG that is a HoT isn't considered a spell...
    Interesting, some things like the above make me wonder about paladin mechanics. I mean is the % based and thus treated like HP % based hots = phyiscal. Sorry if im plucking at straws, but if correct this basically means a purge free hot.. nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Out of interest, were you testing the HoT portion on someone at full health? I have the same trinket on my Priest, and it will only proc from HoT ticks from Renew if they actually heal damage, if they overheal completely it does not grant a stack.
    Nope, whenever i test a heal or a proc i always make sure that person has taken damage (usually by mounting, and then unmounting to take falling damage)

ihave had luck using the trinket and being able to stack the proc to 20 without it dropping the trinket works very well for healing non tanks quickly and leaving a hot on them while u focus the tank or someone else

Deleted
    I really don't get this Trinket at all. It has DPS written all over it so I have no idea why they added the extra "healing spell" part to it. Your missing out on too much in return for more haste and spellpower (the value of which is depreciated even more when you take into account that INT trinkets provide spellpower anyway.)

Though having said that, if your having no mana issues at all and just want more through put, why not. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I really don't get this Trinket at all. It has DPS written all over it so I have no idea why they added the extra "healing spell" part to it. Your missing out on too much in return for more haste and spellpower (the value of which is depreciated even more when you take into account that INT trinkets provide spellpower anyway.)

Though having said that, if your having no mana issues at all and just want more through put, why not. :P
    While I agree that this rather sucks for paladins, it is a really cool trinket for priests and druids. When they keep rolling lifebloom/renew on the tank through other spells this trinket basically gives passive 252 haste and 300 spellpower which is a lot.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    Because you'd get more through put out of an intellect trinket? =P

Deleted
    Because you'd get more through put out of an intellect trinket? =P
    Buh? o.o I didn't say you would get more throughput out of an intellect trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Buh? o.o I didn't say you would get more throughput out of an intellect trinket.
    No i just did.

You said it should be used to get more throughput out of your healing, however i was saying there would be no point as an intellect trinket would produce more throughput than the one being linked by OP.

I just thought it would be cool if the ticks from the glyphed WoG proc'd this. If you could keep up a rotation, I think you could have full stacks throughout a fight. But yeah I would think it's more of a druid trinket.

Thanks,

Stubb

Long Word only ticks 3 times after the initial 50% heal. So this trinket would only proc 45 spellpower (or 60 if it counts the initial).
    Seems quite underwhelming for a paladin, but probably great for a druid.

Deleted
    No i just did.

You said it should be used to get more throughput out of your healing, however i was saying there would be no point as an intellect trinket would produce more throughput than the one being linked by OP.
    300 Spellpower and 252 haste is a lot of through put!