Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fateofman View Post
    Went tol barad last night, wiped first time, went oom 50% into the fight got boss down to 35% was panicing way to much. Then on second run didnt use innervate and only got down to 20% mana, while still getting 13k HPS as well as a rebirth and dispells.

Lifebloom and alot of spirit gear is the way forward, i find the main reason i go oom is i panic and spam my high end spells, and i spend the rest of the fight recovering, sometimes the best stat for mana convervation is just being calm.
    This is so true. I know I am a very good healer. Everyone says so. I get compliments from pug tanks. I get the question asked a lot "Are you sure this is heroic?" However, whenever my guild leader is in a group with me I turn into this epic noob tard! He makes me nervous bc I feel like I have to impress him and my healing ends up going to crap. So, confidence is key. Once you learn fights it gets even easier bc you know exactly what kind of dmg to expect!.

Specific advice to OP: The in game auras seem perfectly sufficient in my opinion. I mean, unless you are staring at your action bars (bad idea in general) it is kind of hard to miss a giant green leafy icon surrounding your character and pulsating. Also, the sound it makes I always know even if I had my eyes closed exactly what it sounds like when OOC procs. Healing Touch is a druids "Oh shit" ability. HT and "spam" should never be used in the same sentence basically. Tree form is only on a 3 min cd and if you spec into it lasts 10 seconds longer. When there is large raid dmg I Rej/swiftmend the tank real quick, pop into tree, and Lifebloom two to three stacks on all the raid. It is a very efficient heal, much more so than Rej. If tree form is on CD then you'll have to make due with Wild Growth, a Rej/Swiftmend if it's up on someone, and hope they are smart enough to stack in the good shiny green area! Hope this helped.

Deleted
    The main problem with Tol Barad healing is that the dps consider it to be face roll and so don't attempt to avoid a lot of the incoming dmg. No matter how good a healer you are, you will run out of mana fast if people take unrequired dmg.

All you have to do is run a few hoerics with a really good group and compare it with a really poor group with the same gear. For the average heroic boss fight, you bearly need to heal if things are playing out right, whilst if people are sluggish to move or fail at interrupts etc, you will struggle badly to keep up.

Agreed on the NS point.

Ultraness is a way of life.

The timing of cooldowns is what will boost your numbers and mana longevity the most. A few suggestions I could give is to use ToL as often as possible during AoE heavy parts of the fight, use barkskin before you use tranquility so you don't lose any ticks of it, keep lifebloom rolling on the tank, if possible while in ToL stack LB on both tanks and then use nourish to keep them refreshed throughout the fight, use Wild Growth and Swiftmend on cooldown on a target who will get the most benefit out of it. I.E. swiftmend a melee DPS group even if part of it will be an overheal rather than a hunter out in the middle of no where.

I know people say it's not a gear issue, but with the avaliblity of "welfare" epics for resto druids right now there shouldn't be any problems. You can almost get completely epic'd out without every stepping foot into a raid or spending gobs of money.

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    Remove a point in Nature's Swiftness as it's simply not worth it anymore - Add a point in Malfurion's Gift (2% chance doesn't seem like much but it is).
    Remove a point from Nature's Bounty - critical Regrowths are honestly nothing. - Add another point in to Efflorescence (it's a free AoE heal, while weaker than it was in Beta it should hopefully get a small buff soon)
    While it may work for YOU(and i really think you should re-examine your own spell rotations and healing thought processes), NS+HT is a good thing do use in any encounter. its an OMG cooldown, which we dont have very many of. Saying that something simply isnt worth it when its an essential OMG ability just dosent cut it. Please dont encourage other druids to not use something that is possibly life saving to a raid.

The same arguement could be said for critical regrowths. Why? Because critical regrowths apply living seed, which if the tank is being hit by a fast boss could be the difference in him hovering at 30% while you are in treeform spamming, and him dying. Although it might not an essential part of healing, natures bounty supplies other things like reducing the CD on SM, which is another 15-20k heal that is instant that can be spammed on the tank while spamming HT and costs about the same as nourish.

Im sorry to dig into your post, but coloring bad advice in bright red and making it stand out to seem like good advice is just not a good idea. If you dont know what you are talking about then please dont suggest your bad advice to others. You might be able to heal how you have your toon set up like this, but its not good for the rest of the community.

---------- Post added 2010-12-31 at 11:25 AM ----------

Oh, and one other thing

Most raids now, it seems, is not about topping off the raid completly. Rather its keeping them at an HP lvl that they wont die to the next round of aoe(roughly 60-80% hp)

I did Baradin hold the other day and 2 healed it with a priest. for the stand and deliver part of it, we kept the raid at about 80%-full with just aoe healing(wg, prayers ect) when we had to spread keeping a rejuv and WG with a renew on people kept them alive AS LONG AS THEY DIDNT JUST STAND IN THE FIRE.

That last part is the kicker

If you have dps that just wants to stand there and nuke nuke nuke just KICK them from the raid or let them DIE. They are the ones causing your healers to go oom and possibly wipe the raid because of the healers being OOM.

If you have dps that does everything right, avoids the aoe that CAN be avoided, then random aoe healing will be sufficient to keep them alive, happy and dpsing.