Why is switching specs triggering Omen of Clarity/Clearcasting?

On the tooltip of Omen of Clarity it says it has a chance to proc off of Damaging or Healing spells, or auto-attacks if you are a feral druid. So why is switching specs triggering it? It hasn't happened only once either; it's happened on multiple occasions. Could it be something else? Not a major problem, but I'm still curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    Wow people will really argue about anything on the internet.

Whats next?
    Pepsi vs Holy Pally which would win?
    Apple Mac vs Justin Bieber?

Happened to me a lot before Cata, too. Was always useful for a free Lifebloom(for its mana-back).. Probably a bug or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was always like that. =) When I switch specs my trinket procs, too.

Cause I presume the server see's the talent change as a 'cast' .

Deleted
    Not only are you casting the talent change, you are also applying several buffs as you do - say, Master Shapeshifter, for example. These are "recast" server side, and could very well count as a cast that can trigger OoC.

15+ Year Old Account
    not sure if it still does but it used to also proc of crafting items whit LW or bandanges whit first add.
    but its been like that for ages :P and its not game breaking so i gues it will be like that for ages
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Omen procs on any "spell" cast, switching specs is considered a spell for a lot of the game mechanics. It will often proc caster trinkets. Its just how it always worked.
    I get healing trinkets/enchants procs when im in ghost wolf form, randomly. Because it has a hidden 2% health regen check every 2 seconds due to a glyph, but even if you are not getting healed (unglyphed, although the glyph is now gone), you still get trinket procs because the calculations are still happening.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

i get OOC procs from shapeshifting, crafting or even mounting.

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    i get OOC procs from shapeshifting, crafting or even mounting.
    I've never got OoC procs from any of these.