Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik View Post
    Really poodles? I sell most of my green gems for 15g a pop. It's pretty much a guaranteed 60g out of prospecting a stack of elementium, plus whatever blue gems i get.
    15g in AH, 9g at vendor. If you put it into AH there is also deposit cost and auction house cut, so you end up with amazing 2g profit of each gem.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont judge professions by how much money they are making.
    but how useful they are to you. for example, all the self-only "enchants" most of them have.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    15g in AH, 9g at vendor. If you put it into AH there is also deposit cost and auction house cut, so you end up with amazing 2g profit of each gem.
    Uhh, what? Tell me what vendor will give me 9g for a carnelian.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik View Post
    Uhh, what? Tell me what vendor will give me 9g for a carnelian.
    Any vendor, provided you cut it first.

---------- Post added 2010-12-30 at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, AH deposits are refunded in the event of a successful sale, their purpose being to pay for the listing in the event a sale commission is not made. The AH cut is 5% (unless you're posting on a neutral AH for some reason), meaning a 15g sale costs you 75s, leaving a profit of 5g25s over selling each gem (cut) to a vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMartigan View Post
    Is it me or do these professions suck super bad now? I mean they used to be decent.. but right now people are selling hurricane and heartsong enchant scrolls for 100g? seriously? I make 1000x more gold just with mining / blacksmithing .. So sad.. Cutting gems actually makes them worth less? lol..
    Jewelcrafting is, as always, a license to print money.

An understanding of the transformation processes opens a world of opportunities.

Tip:

1. Buy uncommon Jasper gems from ah around 10-15g each
    2. Craft Jasper rings
    3. Disenchant
    4. Sell mats
    5. Profit

Today I bought for less than 1k Jasper gems and sold the enchanting mats for 2.5k

Have fun!

Remember right now people arent going to be gemming or enchanting their quest gear give it several more weeks, most people arent even geared for heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla View Post
    Why not just have an alt with 525 mining, go mine for an hour, prospect it, AH materials, profit? I mean, I easily make 2k gold for the VERY VERY VERY VERY little farming I do on my alt for ore. JC and Enchanting both have HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE money making potential, I think it's user error, not professions.
    If you really get down to it you aren't making anymore money mining than if you purchased the materials yourself. The time you spent farming for the material could be time used elsewhere to make money from other sources if you just by the materials yourself. The only profit gain you really see is the sales of any volatile's you collected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obsidium ore goes for about 50g a stack on my realm.
    1st Im buying 10 stacks~ that costs me around 550g right.
    Then I just prospect all the ores and make jewelry that I disenchant(I save the blue ones and sell them on the ah)

Whenever I do this I always go +++ my tip is to DONT post all Hypnotic Dust/Celestial you get right away but maybe 10st each time to keep the price up.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals