Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ghostcrawler(The Pet)

Hey guys.

Yesterday I manged to tame the spirit beast called Ghostcrawler in Vashjir. With a day of using him ive been abit disapointed.
    The problem is that its so hard to see him that I found it hard to know where my pet is. Using camoflague and bestial wrath makes him go completely invisible.
    Ive just found it better to go back to my old cat since his really easy to spot all the time.
    Has someone experience the same prob? and does someone know about any addon that makes it easier to track your own pet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Hey guys.

Yesterday I manged to tame the spirit beast called Ghostcrawler in Vashjir. With a day of using him ive been abit disapointed.
    The problem is that its so hard to see him that I found it hard to know where my pet is. Using camoflague and bestial wrath makes him go completely invisible.
    Ive just found it better to go back to my old cat since his really easy to spot all the time.
    Has someone experience the same prob? and does someone about some addon that makes it easier to track your own pet?
    Well, as for the pet itself, I'd never use it.
    The only reason I'd actually get it would be to show it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    Well, as for the pet itself, I'd never use it.
    The only reason I'd actually get it would be to show it off.
    Could I ask why not?

It's because he's all sneaky like with that nerf bat of his... They don't see it coming. :3

OT: Woulden't track beast partially help or are you literly trying to see your pet while it's attacking a target?

Well why would you need to see it anyways? Theres always numbers or glowing portraits letting you know if its run off to attack something.

Deleted
    Could I ask why not?
    Mainly because a crab isn't as useful as alot of other pets.

Deleted
    I stopped using him when I found out he didnt keep nerfbat. The otherday I logged in and the npc scanner for Loque'nahak went off so now i use him since I think hes the best looking pet there is.
    OT I've never had a problem seeing any of my spirit beasts and I've got 3. While Ghostcrawler would be the hardest due to his size I never thought of it being much of a problem seeing where it is. If i cant see it I check for random numbers going off on the screen, if i cant see those I check the minimap, and if I cant see its name on there then hes probably pissed off back to the call pet menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Well why would you need to see it anyways? Theres always numbers or glowing portraits letting you know if its run off to attack something.
    Well I think its really hard to see that my pet hits a target, specially in PvP, where my pet can be everything from stunned to feared. With the crowded battles its just a nightmare Myself Im usualy really busy shooting at people(looking at my own damage) and switching targets and its hard to keep the pet up doing the same thing.

Also I dont really prefer tracking him on the minimap since I almost never look at it.
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2010-12-30 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using camoflague and bestial wrath makes him go completely invisible.
    Hence the 'ghost' in 'ghostcrawler'...

He's not a crab.

I was in a random with a young huntling who had tamed this invisible beast.
    Annoying as hell, couldnt keep his pet off aggro, his pet was on aggresive etc etc blah blah annoying story.

I've hated the little bastard ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by bamfrosty View Post
    He's not a crab.
    Well he certainly isn't a ROCK LOBSTER! :P

Deleted
    I think he counts as spirit beast

Correct. He is a spirit beast, not a crab.

Just like Arcturis is a Spirit Beast, not a bear.

Deleted
    i tamed Ghostcrawler after about 3mins of looking for him. the pet that is hard to tame is Madexx, have seen it dead 3 times now

Terrorpene for solo'ing/questing, whatever floats my boat otherwise.. Usually king krush. Sometimes my undead bird from WPL.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... It seems like no one ever answered the OPs question lol. Just a bunch of "I got him after..." "I prefer my pet..." etc. >_>

I can't really say if there's any addons for keeping track of where your pet actually is, but I would suggest marco'ing your attacks, to also tell your pet to attack, and keep him set on passive. I'm not too sure how the macro would work, as I only have a hunter alt that I hardly play, but I know you can find it on here, or at the very least, on google.

Probably something like:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [whatever hunter attack]
    /cast [whatever pet attack]
    And maybe something about a stance, not too sure.

...That way, whatever you're shooting, he's clamping down on with his ghostly claws. It wont help you see him, but at least you'll be able to rest easy knowing he's either at your side awaiting a command, or he's beating down on whoever you're gunning down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BraiNSlobbeR View Post
    Terrorpene for solo'ing/questing
    This + for chilling in org to recieve all the "wow that pet looks awsome" and "where did you get that awsome pet" whispers

Deleted
    he dont got the ability nerf bat..he do got more hp then loque nahak so ye i use him :P

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 11:39 AM ----------

lol his talents are like cats :P and so are his abiltys...but then with a mix with spirit beast...so like loque nahak with more hp and hits some more:P

Thumbs down

As creator of this topic mentioned, he tamed "spirit beast" ghoustcrawler, that means that pet is spirit beast, not crab class............