Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    love it! I use it in pvp. great to send in people have a hard time seeing it. heck so do I half the time. perfect pvp pet if you're rolling BM

ROAR MY KILLER SPIRIT CRAB OF DEATH WILL -- pinch you?

Sorry, Ghostcrawler may be a sweet looking pet, but I wouldn't be caught dead using it in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Hey guys.

Yesterday I manged to tame the spirit beast called Ghostcrawler in Vashjir. With a day of using him ive been abit disapointed.
    The problem is that its so hard to see him that I found it hard to know where my pet is. Using camoflague and bestial wrath makes him go completely invisible.
    Ive just found it better to go back to my old cat since his really easy to spot all the time.
    Has someone experience the same prob? and does someone know about any addon that makes it easier to track your own pet?
    i use it because im lazy when it comes to leveling pets, its my only 85 dps pet.
    but there is a plus to your pet being invisible: pvp, such as duels. It may come in handy.

but honestly if i had my choice, i would level Skoll to 85 and use him. because hes dps and cool.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Passive Apathy View Post
    It's because he's all sneaky like with that nerf bat of his... They don't see it coming. :3
    in pvp combat, does the nerf bat ever get used?
    it would be pretty great.

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 09:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    ... It seems like no one ever answered the OPs question lol. Just a bunch of "I got him after..." "I prefer my pet..." etc. >_>

I can't really say if there's any addons for keeping track of where your pet actually is, but I would suggest marco'ing your attacks, to also tell your pet to attack, and keep him set on passive. I'm not too sure how the macro would work, as I only have a hunter alt that I hardly play, but I know you can find it on here, or at the very least, on google.

Probably something like:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [whatever hunter attack]
    /cast [whatever pet attack]
    And maybe something about a stance, not too sure.

...That way, whatever you're shooting, he's clamping down on with his ghostly claws. It wont help you see him, but at least you'll be able to rest easy knowing he's either at your side awaiting a command, or he's beating down on whoever you're gunning down.
    yes "macroing" can be useful to keep your pet under control.
    i personally use this for my serpent sting:
    #showtooltip Serpent Sting
    /cast Serpent Sting
    /petattack

so when ever you cast serpent sting, you pet is on your target.

as to being able to see your pet in general, you can turn off his "attack"/ability that makes him go invisible, or make it so you have to specifically turn it on. as a default it will automatically turn on and he will stealth.

Deleted
    I dont like the skin of this spirit beast much, only spirit beast i got and adore the most is my Loque Nahak the coolest looking pet in whole wow imo.

On a other sidenote pets that i would like to hafe which are coming from cata are Sambas and Koroma or sometihng those 2 look badass

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
    i tamed Ghostcrawler after about 3mins of looking for him. the pet that is hard to tame is Madexx, have seen it dead 3 times now
    I wonder why

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    Mainly because a crab isn't as useful as alot of other pets.
    It's a spirit beast. Reroll please

---------- Post added 2011-01-10 at 06:03 PM ----------

And yes, it's awesome in Arena and Battlegrounds. No one sees it coming, and it's a wrecking ball =D

you can turn on his nameplate in interface ... should be more visible then ?

Deleted
    I only tamed him so I can teabag him all day long <3

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bucharest, in a little corner Country called Romania
    Thing is, if you don't like it you can easily use another pet. As far as I know there really isn't an addon that helps you keep track of where your pet is. However there are multiple ways of micro-ing where your pet is at all times and just plain keeping track and observing everything that is going on with him. As multiple hunters have replied you can macro into your attacks /petattack or even some of his abilities.
    I have macroed /petattack into mu Hunter's Mark macro and actually have Rabid macroed into Cobra Shot seeing as I use it as an opener due to the high crit chance when the mob is at low health. It totally depends on what works for you.
    Using Ghostcrawler is a matter of personal preference. I use it because of the awesome agi boost and because I don't like using cats that have the same buff.

Also I've found actually quite funny and useful to have a pet that goes completely invisible when you camouflage and it Spirit Walks cause it looks like you're walking around with a ghost.

Ultimately, it is a matter of personal preference^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I tamed Ghostcrawler once I hit 85, and he is a blast to use in pvp. He actually hits quite hard and his Roar of Courage is nice to have if you have just rezzed and are fighting for a flag with no DK or shammy around.

And he's tiny

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BraiNSlobbeR View Post
    Terrorpene for solo'ing/questing, whatever floats my boat otherwise.. Usually king krush. Sometimes my undead bird from WPL.
    Pene in spanish is Penis. Hihihi.