Tyrande's Favorite Doll

How is this rated as a DPS trinket? Just picked it up tonight and I can't decide if I like it or not.

I currently have Witching Hourglass (+285 int, +1710 haste 15 secs, assume 45 secs cd) and Gale of Shadows (+285 haste, +340 constant spellpower at it's peak).

The Doll has 321 int and up to 4200 mana return every minute with the same amount dealt as arcane damage to all enemies within 15 yards upon mana return.

On the face of it what I have seems better. Just curious what people's thoughts are?

Deleted
    its heal and dps imo as it gives you intellect which gives spellpower and crit and the mana thing helps you keep your mana pool up for a bit longer as well as doing ok damage to enemies

i want to be you. i want to be you so much.

great for arcane mages in particular. more mana = more dmg.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Got this today as a healer and it is amazing. Quite a bit of regen and the huge SP buff is pretty nice

Shadowpriest.com's trinket rankings show only 3 other unique trinkets obtainable in heroic instances that are better. Other than those are ones available from rep (TB), professions, or raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    i want to be you. i want to be you so much.
    I really, really hate to say this but: "This ^"

I have spent at LEAST 24 hours in total grinding this trinket, have every nelf rare and ever nelf common at least 5-6 times.
    You just pick it up and can't decide if you like it! I hate you! :P

OT: I dont think the damage will be any good for pretty much all raids, and I generally don't have any trouble with mana as shadow (speaking only from heroics and Baradin Hold, I raid as Holy) as for the DPS increase the straight int would give it would seem better than Witching Hourglass but you are best off going to www.shadowpriest.com or EJ for some real numbers.

Always useful to keep hold of if you ever heal though

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...13#post9835313

tl;dr: If you happen to find this trinket before finding dungeon DPS trinkets, then by all means, use it as a DPS trinket. However, it is unreliable and I would highly recommend picking up a different trinket.

Stick to Witching Hour Glass and Gale of Shadows, no doubt.

Deleted
    I got this trinket some time ago, and i would rank it together with Witching hourglass (H) to be one of the best pre raid trinkets available. The static int on its own make it only slightly worse then the haste + SP from Gale of shadow's. The use on The doll more then makes up for this imo.

SO jealous! I agree with Aspirate, I'd definitely use it.

Good for both, but better for healers imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    The int is really good for DPS if you can't get anything better, but the use effect is amazing for healers. 5% mana on a 1 min CD is even better than Arcane Torrent (6% mana on a 2-min CD)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    **removed post**
    Last edited by New; 2010-12-30 at 08:37 PM.

I've been really unlucky with trinkets, and would love this. I'd use it for holy but probably also use it in my shadow offspec, although I rarely use it for anything other than questing

Just wanna say this: I usually prefer standing further than 15 yards away from my target during encounters, unless a specific proximity is required. Since this trinket's damage dealing potential only affects targets within 15 yards, it tends to be less useful.

Code:
    Version:4.5; icon:trade_archaeology_tyrandesfavoritedoll; buffname:Tyrande's Favorite Doll; x:-11; bufftype:22; owntex:true; sound:32; spec2:false; size:0.11; y:-39; texmode:2
    Power Aura to tell you when it is off CD and ready for use.
    We had someone in guild post it since, well, some can be forgetful occasionally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ikki42 View Post
    Code:
    Version:4.5; icon:trade_archaeology_tyrandesfavoritedoll; buffname:Tyrande's Favorite Doll; x:-11; bufftype:22; owntex:true; sound:32; spec2:false; size:0.11; y:-39; texmode:2
    Power Aura to tell you when it is off CD and ready for use.
    We had someone in guild post it since, well, some can be forgetful occasionally.
    Just what I was looking for, cheers!