Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Halfus 10 man - Storm Rider, Slate Dragon, Whelps.

We are having a bit of trouble with this, what is the simplest way to handle this combo?
    i5-7600k @ 3.80 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    AORUS nVidia GeFroce 1080ti 11G Xtreme Edition

We've had that combo last three weeks

We:
    -Have one tank hold each drake (only let out storm and slate at the same time)
    -Tank swap around 60% on the MS debuff
    -Have focus macros for interrupts
    -Spread out for fire
    -Kill Slate then storm then boss
    -Don't release whelps at all, BL once both drakes are down.

Has worked for us.

We only ever did Storm Rider and Whelps. But I'm guessing it could be similar? I'm not a pro, and this is just a suggestion. But burn the whelps first, then Storm Rider then Slate Dragon?

When we did Storm Rider then Whelps, we kept wiping. We switched it up to focus fire the whelps first and was able to one shot it after.

But I'd def. go with what Zulandia said first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

Why in the world wouldn't you Bloodlust the drakes, the fight gets easy once they are dead. Kill drakes asap, then release the whelps when the 2nd drake is around 50%, cleave them down and everything else will be a cakewalk.

Bear and rogue interrupting boss
    Kill storm
    Have paladin Bop bear to clear his stacks and use cancelaura macro bop
    Aoe whelps
    Don't release slate
    Win
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

We had this tonight. We had one tank get storm and halfus. Blew cooldowns to keep him up. As the MS got high, the slate tank taunted. Killed slate storm athen whelps. Pulled up whelps after slate died. Wasnt too bad.

we released storm rider, then the whelps. we nuked the whelps, then storm rider, then we nuked the boss. didnt even touch the other drake

Get a shaman to interrupt the boss. They can get every interrupt.

we had same com pthis week, activate storm rider blust it down, activate whelps aoe/cleave it down then jsut kill boss

Quote Originally Posted by Begottenson View Post
    We only ever did Storm Rider and Whelps. But I'm guessing it could be similar? I'm not a pro, and this is just a suggestion. But burn the whelps first, then Storm Rider then Slate Dragon?

When we did Storm Rider then Whelps, we kept wiping. We switched it up to focus fire the whelps first and was able to one shot it after.

But I'd def. go with what Zulandia said first.
    This is exactly how I'd do it. The only really hard part for your healers is the proto behemoth's raid damage. Killing the whelps first minimises this drastically.

The slate dragon can be juggled for a long time by good tanks. It's quite safe and usually the best option to kill this last.

Depending on how your raid is handling the fight, you can save lust/time warp until you're all onto Halfus to nuke him down really fast, but by the time you reach this point, the fight is basically won anyway.
    You would probably find it beneficial to use lust and all cooldowns on the first drake you kill, whilst you are progressing.

kill whelps first

killing whelps first will greatly reduce aoe damage on raid, we wiped a few times and then oneshot deciding to kill whelps first.
    it gives the healers a chance to regen mana and thus keep everyone alive afterwards.
    then pop lust on storm then nuke boss

Had this combination tonight in 25 man. We did as follows:
    - released the whelp and storm rider at the pull (have a hunter md the storm rider on the OT), OT tanks them (it was me as prot pala)
    - the raid burned down the whelps
    - when whelp were dead, a holy pala put a Hand of Prot. on the MT (a prot warrior) to remove the MS stacks
    - MT taunted Storm Rider, raid burned it down
    - MT taunted Halfus back, I removed my MS stacks with Divine Shield - cancelaura macro
    - Released slate dragon (for the +50% damage taken debuff to the boss and the stuns), tanked by OT
    - Raid burns down Halfus (for Furious roars, OT should cd (Divine Guardian is good for reduce overall raid damage)
    - have a desc priest with an Atonement build for Halfus' actual tank (priest must have Glyph of Smite, and Glyph of Divine Accuracy), the Atonement's heal is scale insanely with the +50% damage taken debuffs on the boss ---> with 3 released drake, it will be +150% damage taken to the boss, and smite will heal around 20-30k noncrit per 1.5sec.

I'm pretty sure we did:

Storm Rider and whelps at the beginning, Burned the whelps down stupid fast, then released Slate, burned down Storm, switched to Slate, burned Slate, then boss - GG.

Just did it tonight

We had a shaman doing the interrupts on boss, releasing storm and killing, then slate and killing.
    Focus boss and pop BL, we did it without releasing the whelps, but I guess you could release them for the 150% buff on boss.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Release Storm, pop hero, kill storm, release drakes, kill drakes and ignore slate. Swap tanks when ms stacks gets above 5 and then do it whenever the effect fades.

Just remember to kill storm first then slate, it's what I've done and what I hear everyone else has had success at doing.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Hey new here, but this is how we handled this setup tonight:

We used 3 tanks, our feral dps switched to bear form

- Dk tank & Feral tank interrupt halfus and swap aggro to handle the healing debuff
    - Pally tank picks up storm and is killed
    - We picked up whelps second (we don't have uber geared healers)
    - Killed slate after that
    - Killed halfus, but my guess is if your healers can handle the raid damage you can probably be able to skip the whelps.

Deleted
    Did it in 10m tonight. Released Whelps + Slate(?). Popped hero, burned down whelps + slate. Released storm, MT (who tanks halfus) gets a Hand of prot to remove the stacks. The OT (me) tanks Storm until the MT got 5+ stacks again (the drake was almost dead by now). I taunt Halfus, MT taunts drake.
    I tank until MTs stacks are gone and we kept doing this until the boss was dead.

OH! We also had a enchancement shaman on the boss for the whole fight, to interrupt the shadow nova.

10+ Year Old Account
    We just released Storm, killed him, released whelps, killed them, killed boss. Nothing hard at all. A worse combo is Nether Scion+Slate Dragon, poor tanks.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Release Storm > Whelps.

Stack Storm on boss for cleaves and whelps on boss for AE's.

After those are dead release Slate dragon and just OT him the rest of the fight for the 50% more damage.