Anybody having this problem?

I was just in an instance and I was doing my usual freeze trapping when I noticed something unusual. I would launch my trap right beneath a mob's feet and it wouldn't go off. It wouldn't even pull the mob. The trap would just sit there beneath its feet, not going off. This happened multiple times, and I know the mobs are not immune to CC because it worked before in the past. It's been really buggy and unreliable a lot for me lately, and I don't understand why. Has anybody else had this issue at all?

Deleted
    Try placing it in front of the mob along the same line of sight as yourself and then pull the mob into it using Distracting Shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    let me guess, grim batol? Those adds are actually 3-4 feet in front of where they seem, just wyvern to make it simple.

Deleted
    I thought it was me going mad! Had exactly the same problem in Grim Batol, seems to be fine everywhere else. Thereign, thanks for explaining why this is happening.

Grim batol bug, yesturday i droped trap and mob caster didnt trigered it, then on next pack rog saped caster, he in sap teleported like 5y foreward then i dropped trap and trapped caster in ice tomb teleported back to his initial place .

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    let me guess, grim batol? Those adds are actually 3-4 feet in front of where they seem, just wyvern to make it simple.
    You'd be right. Thank you. Makes sense now. =)

I've learned where those mobs in GB actually are standing, so I can trap them without needing to do anything special.

Pretty much, after running it a few times, you will figure out exactly where to place your trap to nail them buggers