Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    I usually do, however, when dbags decide they need to have every single odd and fucked up windows-alt key coded letter and symbol in their name.... I will usually just call them fuckstick or dbag.
    I call them "you with that unreadable name".

They always know who I mean
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Most of the people coplain about this and that, but they really don't have a clue about the game. Most of the QQ can be summarized into "wtf in wrath i had my epics so fast why i cannot do the same here?" Because it's meant to be like this. No more 10 minutes runs and badge farming for your tier. Adapt to it or go away from the game.

For the ones predicting cataclysmic events about players leaving, don't worry. Even if playerbase is cut in half still WoW remains one of the best MMO around. Pepole play the game cause it's well done (not perfect at all), not because they can gear their characters in 2 days. I've heard of more player returning to WoW because the difficulty raised from Wrath than people leaving because they find Cata heroics too difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    If something drops that you could use for offspec/sidegrade, watch to see if anyone else needed on it. If nobody else does, ask if you can. If the answer is yes, go for it. If not, then greed like the rest (or if it's being rolled to D/E as well, need on it then reroll between yourself and the other person(s) who wanted it.)
    I agree with everything here, but I'd like to say that there are such situations out there when an item drops and only 1 person in the party can actually need on it. Example - I play a pally tank, my offspec is retribution. 2hander drops from Ozruk in heroic Stonecore and, after seeing that I'm in a full caster group, I'm needing on it without asking for permission from others. I had a good group and nobody said anything, but if there's a black sheep screaming to DE or give him that item (in a situation I described) I'd say You have one greedy bastard in your group.

I don't mind Pugs, yes from time to time you get a group that just won't work together and you have to leave and requeue. Most of the time you will get at least a couple players that are patient, understanding, and willing to learn. I can't count the number of times I have had to take the lead and explain how to pull trash through a hall or the mechanics of the boss. I am more than willing / patient to slowly move through a dungeon helping out those that haven't been fortunate enough to clear it yet. The only thing we ask for in return is that you also be patient and willing to learn and listen to those that know the fights.

Don't quit just cause you wiped, mistakes happen and in heroics they will more times than not cause a wipe. I find it incredibly satisfying and rewarding to trudge through a dungeon and finally down that final boss. It is far more challenging now and I embrace that challenge open armed, it's 10x funner than the plowing of Lich. The worst thing that comes from wiping is a few repair bills (which really in the big scheme of things are dirt cheap now) As long as the group is having a good time, laughing at their mistakes (but acknowledging them), and patient enough to keep going then heroics are functioning as intended.

As the OP said, be constructive, be patient, be willing to learn, and most importantly have fun!! It's not the end of the world if you die (...in wow)!! Those simple things will make the ones knowledgeable in the mechanics and better geared to not just quit the group or worse start kicking people.

Side Note: I distinctly remember doing Stonecore with a group that had a fairly skilled/geared tank and healer. We had just got to Slabhide (dragon) and the dps with us were not even cracking 5k (single target). I was on my hunter at the time and was doing 14k (providing 57% of the group dps). We wiped the first few attempts as people visually learned the mechanics and what to watch out for. At this point people would normally start to rage quit and call names but instead we just did a quick review, everyone got ready and off we went. The third attempt was under way and everybody was executing perfectly, they ran from lava, hid from shards, and more importantly... made sure not to los the healer!! I told the healer to pretty much plant his feet and we would deal with keeping los to prevent him from needlessly running around. It was the longest fight I have ever done and was probably nearing the 5 minute mark (didn't actually look) but in the end the boss fell and we got our loot. Just goes to show that even if you don't have the gear or the dps, if you execute the mechanics you can still kill.