How to edit thread titles as the "creating" user?

I have a quick question, and as opposed to sending it directly to a moderator, I thought perhaps another user may be able to answer it. Thanks for taking the time to address my thread!

I have this problem where I can't edit the title of a thread that I start. For example (and the exact situation which prompted this post), I have a post in the guild recruitment section. Now, I posted it a few weeks ago, and included our current progression. Now that it's all changed, and a "new" thread title should be in place (read: recruitment needs and progression have changed other than what's posted on the thread title)- I'm having trouble getting it to edit through.

When I go to "advanced" and edit what appears to be the thread title, it's actually a post title within the thread itself. This of course takes my edit, but the original thread title remains the same as it was before, untouched.

Am I missing the functionality of changing or editing the "actual" thread title? I've looked around forever and just can't seem to find it. Again- thanks for taking the time to read this and help me find a solution!

Edit: After going back and looking through your search options, I was able to find the thread below from 5 months or so ago. it appears there was no formal response. I figure it's still un fixed?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g+thread+title
    Last edited by venomex; 2010-12-30 at 12:06 PM.

In order to change the title of a thread, a user must send a PM to a moderator of the forum in which the thread is located. In your case, the guild recruitment forum has no designated moderator, so a global mod or an administrator would be needed in order to get it changed.

Although I am not 100% sure, the reason a user can not change the name of his/her own thread is that if allowed, a troll would be able to change the name of the thread constantly, making it both harder to track for the mod team as well as being a nuissance for all those that would get caught by the ruse.

I completely understand the reasoning behind this, but I find it annoying that I have to start a new thread in the recruitment forum, when small changes to recruitment that doesn't warrant a new thread, might aswell could have been sorted with the ability to edit your existing thread subject.

Malm <Apex> @ EU-Al'Akir

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/malmlive

Deleted
    i'm fairly certain that if you message Dinnerbone, Boubouille, Sunshine or some other global moderator (blue name) or administrator (red name), they'll be glad to help you.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-01-03 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Fixed that for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another option is to report your own post. Click on the little exclamation point Report Post icon in the bottom right corner of your post. Then just type a little message like "Please change the title of my thread to "Thread Title Goes Here". Thanks.". Post Reports usually get looked at faster than administrator and super moderator PMs, so that is the option I'd use.

And yes, it is still a known issue. The Administrators are not opposed to users changing their own thread titles. It's just not easy to fix nor it is pressing since there is a workaround.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-01-04 at 02:14 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    One note on reporting -- if you're looking at a guild recruitment thread, it's much faster to PM one a super mod / admin, since there are no green mods on that forum.

You can edit your thread title for a very short window (not sure how long it is here) by Going to the page it is on: http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/2...s-and-Feedback and double clicking in the row where it is held. This should popup an edit box, where you can edit it.

After whatever the timeout is set to expires, you cannot edit your thread title anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormrage View Post
    You can edit your thread title for a very short window (not sure how long it is here) by Going to the page it is on: http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/2...s-and-Feedback and double clicking in the row where it is held. This should popup an edit box, where you can edit it.

After whatever the timeout is set to expires, you cannot edit your thread title anymore.
    I knew this worked for mods, but was unsure of whether or not this worked for regular users. I never knew about it until I was a mod, so am unable to test.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    It works for 5 minutes, that's all