Transmutation Master Question

Good morning, just a quick question from someone who recently finished leveling up Alchemy.

I've been transmutation spec since TBC pretty much, but I noticed something strange while leveling up the skill in Cata. Oftentimes I'd use the transmute that converts living elements to other elements, and not once have I had TM proc in a way that creates more than 14-16 volatile air (or any of the others, but I'm pumping out Air with the skill). Instead, sometimes the ability has a 12 hour cooldown, and other times I get a full 24 hour cooldown.

Yet when I went up my final levels transmuting gems, I got my TM to proc the old way a few times (creating multiple gems in one go).

Did they change the functionality of Transmute Mastery at all for cata and I just missed it? Thanks.

the transmute cooldown resets at 00:00 server time. My guess is you've been doing it at different times
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Deleted
    I sometimes get some (about 15) volatiles of a random element in addition to the 14-16 air I get from transmuting in Uldum. I guess that's the mastery at work. Still odd, considering a blue post from 1-2 weeks ago said transmutation masters always get some bonus when doing Living Elements.

Quote Originally Posted by friggo View Post
    the transmute cooldown resets at 00:00 server time. My guess is you've been doing it at different times
    Well that is a change, at least from my experiences in early Wrath etc. Somehow I didn't piece that together before.

So in that case, is Transmute, Living Elements not affected by Transmute mastery, or am I just having terrible luck? I've used it about 20 times with not a single proc.

I believe the professions CDs now are reseted on a fixed Server Time instead of the old one (for example it resets at 24:00 Server time instead of 24 hours from the time you used the CD)

I might take you down
    But
    I will never let you down

I too have noticed that Living Elements have not once proced to give me additional Volatiles, but where as the Truegold transmute have done so once for me. Maybe it's just RNG, but I haven't spoke to any alchymist that have got a proc of Living Elements. I do not think it's intented, but posting here will not get the report across to Blizzard - file a possible bug report for that. That should also give you an answer if it is the case and if it is in fact intented, and as such devaluate the Living Element transmute.

Deleted
    About 1 outa 3 yields extra volatiles for me.

Am a transmuter, so i think it does work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    About 1 outa 3 yields extra volatiles for me.

Am a transmuter, so i think it does work.
    My first transmute, I got 30 volatiles. 14 earth, 16 air.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbs View Post
    My first transmute, I got 30 volatiles. 14 earth, 16 air.
    I do lots transmute life to air, proc me only twice 14 water and 14 earth so transmute mastery works perfect for me

edit:
    water and earth was been aditional prfit 16air+14water ans 14 air+14 earth

The elements proc is odd, it has a chance to proc any of the four elements. The first time I xmuted Living Elements, I was in Uldum and made 16 airs, and 15 fires.

Hopefully this is what your other question is, as the one regarding cooldowns is already answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Deleted
    Living elements has procced twice for me, but I've only used it about 4-5 times. I did it in Uldum both times, the first time I procced an additional set of Volatile air, the second time I procced extra Volatile Fire. I think the proc part is probably unrelated to the location but it definitely does proc.

I have to maxed Alchs. I proc truegold and living elements perhaps 20% of the time. Lately I've just been making vol-airs, since truegold prices have crashed.

The volatile trasmutes have always given me 14-16 of one (I always do mine in Uldom for Air) and 14-16 of another when it procs. So far it hasn't procced for more than just the two different types and so far it's never been the same type. I stopped using my procs for volatiles though since Truegold sells so much better and I have no real need for volatiles other than listing them on the AH.

As others have said, reset is now midnight server time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I transmute Truegold and today I got 2 instead of just 1.

Associate Professor Emeralde ~ fire-starter, flower-picker, potion-brewer, and artifact-finder

RNG in my opinion. I've gotten a proc about 3 times total, since doing it almost every day since a few days after cata, which I think is sort of low, but still there.
    My best proc was in Uldum for 15x air and an additional 20x fire.

I agree that when I first started doing the living elements xmutes, I recall having a 12 hour cooldown. Dunno if this got changed or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Still odd, considering a blue post from 1-2 weeks ago said transmutation masters always get some bonus when doing Living Elements.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...eport-Fan-Arts

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-clarification

Additionally, alchemists with Transmutation specialization will have a chance to receive bonus Volatile elements when completing this transmute. The bonus will be random, though, regardless of which zone you are in.
    As always, with all the procs from any of the specializations you have a chance to get extra.

I have alchemy with transmute sec on 5 of my alts, I've done all 5 of them every day in Uldum since maybe 3-4 days after cata came out. Along with my 14-16 airs i've gotten procs of all the other volatiles with anywhere from 10-16 in the stack. Off the 5 transmutes per day I get about 1 proc every other day so I;d say its around a 10% chance to proc an extra transmute.